Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> European front turn signal functions
rhodyguy
post Aug 30 2021, 01:22 PM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

We're not supposed to run Euro specs in the states. Gives law enforcement something to do on a slow night. I got pulled over one evening. Trooper, "What kind of Fiat is this?". Me, "the Porsche kind".
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Sep 13 2021, 04:07 PM
Post #22

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 30 2021, 03:22 PM) *

We're not supposed to run Euro specs in the states. Gives law enforcement something to do on a slow night. I got pulled over one evening. Trooper, "What kind of Fiat is this?". Me, "the Porsche kind".

@rhodyguy

So US regulations require the vehicle to have amber marker lights on the front? My Euro front turn signals can be configured to have the amber turn signal portion on gently for running lights although they are not configured for that now. Just need to add one resistor to the board.
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 13 2021, 04:34 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 13 2021, 04:07 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 30 2021, 03:22 PM) *

@rhodyguy

So US regulations require the vehicle to have amber marker lights on the front? My Euro front turn signals can be configured to have the amber turn signal portion on gently for running lights although they are not configured for that now. Just need to add one resistor to the board.

US DOT calls for amber side markers in the front and red side markers in the rear. Their reasoning is that it gives an indication of the direction a vehicle is traveling when viewed from the side. I haven't read anything in the specs that would make the euro front signals with clear parking/running lights illegal. Deleting the side markers for the pure euro look is. Here's how I stayed barely legal after deleting the warts.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-20845-1601226385.jpg)

I addressed the rear color issue by installing red led bulbs int he side marker position. Amber lens shows when lights are off, but lights up red when they are on.
+Quote Post
flmont
post Sep 13 2021, 04:44 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 9,676
Region Association: Southwest Region

I like them...Just wish I could make them blink..opposite of the front blinker..
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 03:41 PM