Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Route 66 Classic 2016 *Official Thread*, April 28 - May 1. That sure was a lot of Fun. Woo Hoo.
forrestkhaag
post May 3 2016, 09:18 AM
Post #861

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Got in yesterday and had a no-event (or no Bad-event) drive from AZ to the coast via the 10 from Phoenix. The 914 performed very well in rain, snow, sleet, hail and sunshine - save a power loss at high altitude.

Thanks to all who made the drive and event possible.

Sidebar: Not too sure if some of these are repeat posts on photos but oh well....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post May 3 2016, 09:21 AM
Post #862

And for those who didn't think Mark was a straight shooter......

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 3 2016, 10:34 AM
Post #863

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 3 2016, 08:21 AM) *

You didn't happen to get a pic of Larmo's face, during the close call when he shit himself, did you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SharonG
post May 3 2016, 12:35 PM
Post #864

Snow tire

Member No.: 3,920
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 1 2016, 02:23 PM) *

Great seeing everyone again and meeting some new people as well! Thanks to John for organizing, Jason for rounding up raffle prizes and all of the vendors that donated! 914 Rubber and PMB in particular!!

Good times! Hope to see everyone in September at Red Rocks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Agreed!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

And thank you Wills for procuring awards. They were pretty cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 3 2016, 12:46 PM
Post #865

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(SharonG @ May 3 2016, 01:35 PM) *

Great seeing everyone again and meeting some new people as well! Thanks to John for organizing, Jason for rounding up raffle prizes and all of the vendors that donated! 914 Rubber and PMB in particular!!

Good times! Hope to see everyone in September at Red Rocks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

And thank you Wills for procuring awards. They were pretty cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Is it too early to talk about RRC? Did I miss a posting?
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post May 3 2016, 01:14 PM
Post #866

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744

trying to keep attendance on the down Lowe
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post May 3 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #867

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 3 2016, 01:14 PM) *

trying to keep attendance on the down Lowe

Ah- I see what you did there (LOWE)......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post May 3 2016, 01:45 PM
Post #868

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 3 2016, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 3 2016, 08:21 AM) *

You didn't happen to get a pic of Larmo's face, during the close call when he shit himself, did you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

76-914:
No I didn't get a picture but his fully terrified visage is still burned into my memory.

After initial mashing of the brake pedal as we approached the oncoming vehicle, my iPhone took flight in an attempt to leave the scene and the lens had recently applied crap on it!! Mine and his!!

I would note however, that the average 914 steers a lot more accurately when one releases the 25 foot long four-wheel locked up skidding tires to apply a violent left half-turn of the wheel to narrowly miss the tailgate of the truck crossing its path.... this, followed by an equal and opposite cut right to return to the correct driving lane ... Some things are better left undocumented photographically.....
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 3 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #869

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif) I didn't hear about that incident, Forrest. Is that why Lawrence left to go home early (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post May 3 2016, 03:00 PM
Post #870

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 3 2016, 12:46 PM) *

ridgeway, Colorado
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 3 2016, 03:12 PM
Post #871

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(euro911 @ May 3 2016, 12:59 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif) I didn't hear about that incident, Forrest. Is that why Lawrence left to go home early (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Well it was either that or he needed a 2 day head start just to maneuver Hi way 89 in his F-914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Check out Forest' passenger seat next time you see him. Looks like a little piece of the seat cushion is missing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 3 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #872

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(brant @ May 3 2016, 04:00 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 3 2016, 12:46 PM) *

ridgeway, Colorado

Cool! We ate at the True Grit when we were in Oray right?
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post May 3 2016, 07:13 PM
Post #873

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 3 2016, 07:11 PM) *

Yep - "I can see Ridgway from my house". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

PS: Hurry up and finish your Raspberry car and bring it to Red Rocks. The guys at Route 66 kept calling my car pink! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
worn
post May 3 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #874

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 3 2016, 05:13 PM) *

Yep - "I can see Ridgway from my house". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

PS: Hurry up and finish your Raspberry car and bring it to Red Rocks. The guys at Route 66 kept calling my car pink! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Not pink at all. A very pleasant red. Better perhaps than many Porsche vow reds, like the Bahia one I am working on where a paint spill looks like I took the easy way out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Made it to grand island Nebraska. Wasn't informed about the Nebraska archipelagos before. Fixed the oil leak. I was loosing a quart in maybe a hundred miles. Engine compartment and passenger rear are besmirched. Stopped at a lumber store in Nebraska. Sorry about my Colorado tirade: it had been a long day. I will say that the stock fi and however high that pass is we're well matched. Bought a pipe nipple and coupler to attach the double sender and best of all Teflon table so the joints would seal. Instead of watching the oil pressure fade to 20 it just stayed put, and the motor ran cool at 75 mph. Fast as I want to go at this point. And roads are straight enough so I can just tie down the wheel and put a brick on the gas. Getting the weight of the brick right is the big challenge. If I make it home tomorrow it will be sweet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
+Quote Post
Matty900
post May 3 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #875

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 2 2016, 09:58 AM) *

So glad I made the drive for the RT66 event. I had a great time and no matter the weather conditions it was an adventures, & the 914 handled it very well.
John thanks again for all you have done year after year for this event. I won the Dash from 914rubber.com to say I was shocked and humbled is a understatement What a great way to end the night. Thanks 914 Rubber..Will send pix after install..

Don, Mike D & I toke Hwy-A89 south home at 620am WOW that is a great road.
My two friends and I met over the 914 starting about 25 years ago. And we are still traveling together to events like Rt66. I am so lucky to have Don Cameron & Mike D as friends for life, who share the same passion as I for this little car.
Thanks guys for a great trip.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Congratulations on the dash, Hopefully you will have on the car for West Coast Rally in a few weeks and we can see it in person. Should be and easy trip for you now that your all warmed up from Route 66 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 3 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #876

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(worn @ May 3 2016, 09:28 PM) *

Not pink at all. A very pleasant red. Better perhaps than many Porsche vow reds, like the Bahia one I am working on where a paint spill looks like I took the easy way out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Made it to grand island Nebraska. Wasn't informed about the Nebraska archipelagos before. Fixed the oil leak. I was loosing a quart in maybe a hundred miles. Engine compartment and passenger rear are besmirched. Stopped at a lumber store in Nebraska. Sorry about my Colorado tirade: it had been a long day. I will say that the stock fi and however high that pass is we're well matched. Bought a pipe nipple and coupler to attach the double sender and best of all Teflon table so the joints would seal. Instead of watching the oil pressure fade to 20 it just stayed put, and the motor ran cool at 75 mph. Fast as I want to go at this point. And roads are straight enough so I can just tie down the wheel and put a brick on the gas. Getting the weight of the brick right is the big challenge. If I make it home tomorrow it will be sweet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

Logged lots of miles on that highway in the Alien. Had my share of breakdowns too. It's how we have to roll from these parts to get to a place in the country where the straight lines on the two lane black top get wavy.
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 3 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #877

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 3 2016, 07:13 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
It's because you're such a good sport Mike!
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 3 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #878

914 Guru

QUOTE(worn @ May 2 2016, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ May 2 2016, 05:41 PM) *

Looks like fun- great to see that many 914's in one place! Gonna have to pencil that in...

BTW, what was that white stuff??? Think my 914's are allergic to that!! I drove through too much of that crap when I first got my '71 in winter of 70/71 as it was my only car at the time!! No more snow for either one of them now.

Beats me about the white stuff. Saw itin New Mexico Arizona, and Utah.exceptwhen we got to locations and it went away. No worries,no salt. Donna got here fine and the two of us will crawl across the heartland next two days. Those who don't know these guys are missing out.

It was great to meet you Worn - what a major cruise you took on driving out here! Happy I could share some of the history surrounding the canyon and all with you and good to see your progress heading home. Choose your brick size carefully- I hear it can affect your insurance rates.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
RARE 6
post May 3 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #879

Member No.: 18,337

You must have a mighty tall periscope to see Ridgway from Durango. But I can see the San Juans above Ridgway from my front door.
True Grit is good. Our favorite in the Adobe Inn for Mexican food.
Dates for this event? For Red Rocks?
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 3 2016, 11:21 PM
Post #880

914 Guru

QUOTE(RARE 6 @ May 3 2016, 09:14 PM) *

You must have a mighty tall periscope to see Ridgway from Durango. But I can see the San Juans above Ridgway from my front door.
True Grit is good. Our favorite in the Adobe Inn for Mexican food.
Dates for this event? For Red Rocks?

Uh... have you ever met Mike? If he stands up and says he can see something, I believe him! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post

45 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:33 AM