Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche vs Pinto ??, WTF ??
Aaron Cox
post Jun 14 2003, 07:41 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

lol, and those are two different styles of notchbacks, one has a deck, and the other is like a VW fastback
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeff Krieger
post Jun 14 2003, 07:58 PM
Post #22

Unregistered

QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 14 2003, 06:41 PM)
lol, and those are two different styles of notchbacks, one has a deck, and the other is like a VW fastback
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

They're both Type IIIs though, right? Dork.
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Jun 14 2003, 09:46 PM
Post #23

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219

yes, but i believe it was claimed that both were notchbacks! go find a math problem to solve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) jk man!
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jun 14 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #24

Hellions asleep

Group: Members
Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I used to have a powder blue hatch back Pinto in High School. It was a kick in da ass to drive. That thing slid quite nicely around corners and on gravel it would spin & spin & spin....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
A very fun cheap car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) But I wouldn't trade the teener... no way man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
bruce
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jun 15 2003, 06:07 AM
Post #25

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I have a Type 3 squareback (station wagon) it's ugly and needs paint but it's solid California car. I stuck a 2.0L type 1 engine in it. I love it, it's my second favorite car that I own.

I never cared for the Pinto but it has the best engine Ford ever built.
The local snowmobile club has a SnowCat for grooming trails with a pinto engine in it. They run that thing all day at around 5-6000rpm, never a problem.
Also the sand rail crowd love them as they are quite powerful and cheap to hop up.
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Jun 15 2003, 11:40 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 71

Last year a buddy of mine saw Pintos racing on a 1/4 mile concrete oval. It was some sort of special class. Totally freaked him. He said that there were like 25 cars - we didn't even know that there were that many Pintos left on the planet! I think that Pinto engine (2.3?) gets used for some sort of formula car engine as well. Some cars are retro-cool and some just suck...it's a fine line.

I don't know if any of you have seen any Scion (sp?) on the road yet. It's a Toyota attempt at a retro-ride along the lines of the Honda Element. It definately pays homage to the ugly car days of the 70s and early 80s (rectangular headlights and all). I hope they don't sell very many of them, I already lived through that ugly car period once. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Have fun,
Kevin
+Quote Post
post Jun 16 2003, 08:39 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 703

I raced agains t a pinto a couple years ago in an HSR event at VIR. They really pull a stock 2.0/4cyl on the straights. Spent the whole race catching him in the corners but losing on the long straights. Got by him on the last lap to lose the drag race to the finish. Shame.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 11:10 AM