Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BUILD-OFF CHALLENGE: Barn find with 50k original miles
Matty900
post Aug 30 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #621

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So today was the day. We got the car on the dyno for some fine tuning. So here are the results. Not bad for a 1.7. So much fun to drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 31 2018, 07:51 AM
Post #622

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Aug 30 2018, 08:26 PM) *

So today was the day. We got the car on the dyno for some fine tuning. So here are the results. Not bad for a 1.7. So much fun to drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

That is at the wheels! I don’t think you would see that much at the wheels for a stock 2.0.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 31 2018, 08:06 AM
Post #623

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

Matt, what back pad material is in your car?
+Quote Post
cary
post Aug 31 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #624

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608

Mike that was at the wheels. It's a 1.7 with a crazy radical cam.
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Sep 2 2020, 06:55 PM
Post #625

I haven't given any updates on this car it a very long time so I thought I'd report in on how its doing.
This is my favorite car to dive and the most reliable with the micro squirter system. The only issues that I have had was with about 1,700 mikes on the build, the engine started having issues requiring a few tows back to the shop. It was something to do with the micro squirter system and it was difficult to figure out exactly what was going on. We ended up pulling the motor and replacing components like the hall sensor. It turned out to be the #1 pin on the plug (power) into the ecu. We did not put any service loops in the wire and it was being pulled on by the heat shrink on the harness. It was just enough to loosen the female side of the connection. All it took was a nanosecond of power drop and the system would go back into the start up sequence and kept cooking the waisted spark.
With that fixed it has been nothing but fun.

About a month ago I took the car down to LA and loaned the car to Sung Kang. Sung played Han in the Fast and the Furious movies. He has decided that he wants to build 914's at a Singer level and has lots of very cool ideas. He is interested in learning all about the 914's and the ethos of this "under dog"

He picked up a 914 to start learning about the cars. However it was a V8 swapped 914. I suggested that he should probably start to learn about them from a well sorted out car and then expand from there. The next thing I wanted was to help understand the 914 community and 914world.com. There are so many cool builds that have been done and there are some great people in the community who can help. So we took the car down to him and introduced him to a few people like Marty and Matt at MSDS @Maltesefalcon.
We then left the car with him for about a month.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Sep 2 2020, 07:13 PM
Post #626

Last week I got a call from my friend JP in Vegas that was getting tired of the 116 days. He needed to head up to Washington to take care of some business and he was thinking about driving up the coast. Then I spoke with Sung and he had picked up another 914 and was done with my car. So I jumped on a plane and grabbed my car to drive back up with JP.
Before getting on the road, I stopped by to see Magnus Walker and we took the car out for a hot lap around downtown LA.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ri914
post Sep 2 2020, 07:16 PM
Post #627

Member No.: 24,593
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Sep 2 2020, 09:13 PM) *

Last week I got a call from my friend JP in Vegas that was getting tired of the 116 days. He needed to head up to Washington to take care of some business and he was thinking about driving up the coast. Then I spoke with Sung and he had picked up another 914 and was done with my car. So I jumped on a plane and grabbed my car to drive back up with JP.
Before getting on the road, I stopped by to see Magnus Walker and we took the car out for a hot lap around downtown LA.

Awesome story. What did Magnus think?
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Sep 2 2020, 07:30 PM
Post #628

QUOTE(ri914 @ Sep 2 2020, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Sep 2 2020, 09:13 PM) *

Awesome story. What did Magnus think?

He was impressed. We filmed it for a project that I am working on.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 3 2020, 08:37 AM
Post #629

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Sep 2 2020, 08:55 PM) *

I haven't given any updates on this car it a very long time so I thought I'd report in on how its doing.
This is my favorite car to dive and the most reliable with the micro squirter system. The only issues that I have had was with about 1,700 mikes on the build, the engine started having issues requiring a few tows back to the shop. It was something to do with the micro squirter system and it was difficult to figure out exactly what was going on. We ended up pulling the motor and replacing components like the hall sensor. It turned out to be the #1 pin on the plug (power) into the ecu. We did not put any service loops in the wire and it was being pulled on by the heat shrink on the harness. It was just enough to loosen the female side of the connection. All it took was a nanosecond of power drop and the system would go back into the start up sequence and kept cooking the waisted spark.
With that fixed it has been nothing but fun.

About a month ago I took the car down to LA and loaned the car to Sung Kang. Sung played Han in the Fast and the Furious movies. He has decided that he wants to build 914's at a Singer level and has lots of very cool ideas. He is interested in learning all about the 914's and the ethos of this "under dog"

He picked up a 914 to start learning about the cars. However it was a V8 swapped 914. I suggested that he should probably start to learn about them from a well sorted out car and then expand from there. The next thing I wanted was to help understand the 914 community and 914world.com. There are so many cool builds that have been done and there are some great people in the community who can help. So we took the car down to him and introduced him to a few people like Marty and Matt at MSDS @Maltesefalcon.
We then left the car with him for about a month.

that is soooo cool!!!!! big fan of the F&F franchise, tell him he has fans here and stoked for his return and his character's "resurection" in #9!! hope he gets into the community here and so cool for you to help show him the ropes with his 914 adventure. I dont think he will be drifting the 914 much unless that v8 swap car is what he's driving.
so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) aka Han/Sung!!!
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 3 2020, 09:06 AM
Post #630

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Anytime we can raise the profile of the 914 to bring it further into the pubic eye, the better for us. I am tired of people asking, "Is that a Fiat?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
preach
post Sep 3 2020, 03:52 PM
Post #631

Ridge Runner

Member No.: 11,513
Region Association: North East States

Mike I followed your whole ride on IG. So epic.

Thanks for sharing that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Dec 4 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #632

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 3 2020, 06:37 AM) *

that is soooo cool!!!!! big fan of the F&F franchise, tell him he has fans here and stoked for his return and his character's "resurection" in #9!! hope he gets into the community here and so cool for you to help show him the ropes with his 914 adventure. I dont think he will be drifting the 914 much unless that v8 swap car is what he's driving.
so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) aka Han/Sung!!!

Sung did make it up to West Coast Rally with Glen Cordell and a few friends. He had a great time and enjoyed the community. It was a special event for him to bring his own 914 to an event and like many of us going to our 1st 914 rally, he was working on it right up until (past) time to leave for the event.
He was able to drive it up from LA to Santa Rosa (North of San Francisco) with no issues.
I took some drone shots, so I couldn't resist putting this together. (Just wish the hood was down) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Dec 4 2020, 01:21 PM
Post #633

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 3 2020, 07:06 AM) *

Anytime we can raise the profile of the 914 to bring it further into the pubic eye, the better for us. I am tired of people asking, "Is that a Fiat?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Well Sung will definitely be raising the profile. He has some pretty big plans for the 914's He plans on building 10 or 11 Singer level 914's that will have his own signature touch. They are going to be pretty amazing cars and will get a lot of attention, so you may want to grab another 914 while you still can because I think that things are going to get interesting.
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Dec 4 2020, 01:26 PM
Post #634

QUOTE(preach @ Sep 3 2020, 01:52 PM) *

Mike I followed your whole ride on IG. So epic.

Thanks for sharing that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Thank you brother, that actually means a lot to me. I tried to share as much as I could from the road but I got some epic gopro shots as well that I will endeavor to make a cool watchable video out of.
+Quote Post

32 Pages V « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:57 AM