Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So Kevin does it RUN?, Hopin ya say yes
DNHunt
post Jun 14 2003, 06:40 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Well was the wire black or Bk\pu or Bk\rd. Did it go to the tach and does the CAR RUN?

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 14 2003, 07:08 AM
Post #2

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

dave, this was a 30 hour week between the yard at my place and the rental prop, hense the 14 has been lonely. over did the wood splitting,3/4 cord, could hardly bend my arms thurs. jetta developed a massive oil leak @ the block and the fixture that the oil filter screws on, glaring light on instrument panel, didn't cook the engine. tow in to the local vw dealer. about a $6 dollar part, i'll leave the labor to your imagination. my belief is it's the compufire. picked up a cond and points at the shop in the vanagon alert i posted. these will go in today.

when out and about i asked 2 shops i was in if they had any probs with them (cf). gen consensus was they stink, some are bad fresh from the box or they work for a week or 2 or no probs at all, chose one i guess. one shop will neither sell OR install. i'm going to arcata/ trinidad in n cal next week to see my eldest son. he has some plans for us. if i get far enough south may swing into novato and see what the real deal is. i need to get out of town for a while.

kevin
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 14 2003, 07:18 AM
Post #3

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Kevin,

Sound like you do need a rest. Have a great trip and enjoy yourself. I hope the points and condenser do the trick. I'm sure it will feel better to leave town knowing you've gota spark. By the way the help offer for tomorrow still stands. If you need me give me a call.

Dave
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 14 2003, 07:36 AM
Post #4

i will not bore all with the 2 and 1/2 hour ordeal at the emmisions testing station on friday. i'm lucky i didn't wind up in the lock up at the pierce county jail. the car passed with flying colors. i made 5 calls to the director of the program at the wa state department of ecology yest. will do so everyday til i get called back

kevin
"angry asshole in the jetta"
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 14 2003, 09:37 AM
Post #5

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Yeah, they hire idiots to do the testing in WA state. Last time I had to get the 76 914 tested they put me on the roller dyno. "Get up to 40mph and hold" he says. So I am holding 40mph and he hits the wrong button which brakes the roller dyno and launches the 914 out the door 25 feet away! (good thing I had the wheels pointed straight). I got out and all I said was "I guess I passed". He said sorry and you passed.

Hey have fun in Cali and try to make the trip down to Novato. "Just do it"
The town is like Lynnwood (Yuck) but its worth it to talk to Brad and see what all is going on there. To score parts stop at Parts Obsolete and talk to Gary in Oregon. Tons of NOS parts.

Geoff
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 14 2003, 09:57 AM
Post #6

i will bore with the story. i got to the station 30 min before they opened. 5 lanes across. i was the 4 in the line up right to left. by the time they opened the cars were 3,4, 5 deep in each line. the manager starts by letting each line go forward. WHAT THE HELL? i'm now the 18th!! car in line. so i wait and wait and wait. all i have is a c note to pay with. "i don't know if we can make cash for $100 sir" . you guessed it, can't make change. i leave. tried to break a $100 bill at someplace other than a bank lately? go back the lines are all still 5 cars deep. i thought my head was going to explode. glad i only have to suffer those idiots every 2 years.

kevin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:34 PM