Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> To screw or not to screw now thats a ?
spare time toys
post Mar 20 2005, 07:04 AM
Post #1

hooked on grilling food.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,884
Region Association: Southwest Region

What would it hurt if I left out the retaining screw on the brake disc? You know the pain in the ass one that keeps it from being easy to remove the disc from the hub. The brakes on our suburban dont have it and I can get the disc off in no time. Its the year they made bad rear brakes and I have redone them 4 times in 60000 miles and GM says there is nothing wrong (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif) Im thinking of the aftermarket brake conversion but with gas going up the Suburban may go away.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
spare time toys   To screw or not to screw now thats a ?   Mar 20 2005, 07:04 AM
Tom Perso   I can't see why not. The wheel holds the roto...   Mar 20 2005, 07:34 AM
ArtechnikA   lots of people leave them off. i think they'r...   Mar 20 2005, 08:34 AM
URY914   I left mine off. That damn screw is HEAVY!...   Mar 20 2005, 08:40 AM
Cap'n Krusty   No CWs in THIS thread ....................... The...   Mar 20 2005, 11:07 AM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:15 AM