Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Crankcase Breather Catch Tank, 1.8 L-Jet Closed System
motorvated
post Feb 11 2016, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,519
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

What are people doing to comply with the requirement to have an oil catch tank on the crankcase breather. My stock L-Jet system returns the blowby back to the inlet and is closed to atmosphere. Should I put a 1-quart catch tank with an inlet, outlet, drain petcock, and no vent to atmosphere in the line that goes back to the inlet? Or should I plug the fitting at the inlet and route the blowby into a vented catch tank? I would like to keep the system closed to atmosphere if possible so as not to have to deal with oil mist making it through a filter on the vent and depositing in the engine compartment and smelling the fumes all the time. With a closed system, it seems that a catch tank should not be required, but I believe it is. All comments/photos appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 08:32 AM