Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> QuickJack Poll
stateofidleness
post Feb 11 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

Hey all,
Got a "flyer" in email from a vendor that showcased the QuickJack car lift, and it got me thinking about it again. I had seen these a while back when I first started my hunt for a lift. I ended up with a nice 4-post "storage" lift, but admittedly it does have some downsides.

I'm considering this QuickJack, but wanted to see if others have one and can review it from a P-car owner standpoint. My primary use for it would be strictly wheel/tire work, and hopefully engine drops for the 914 (this is what i'm most curious about). I'd like to be able to do an engine drop with it without modification, or "hacks" to make it work.

Can anyone share their experience with this product? (i'm looking at the 3500 pound model)

Also, small note: I see that when I go to the site that has them and click the product, it shows up as "BendPak Lifts" in the navigation bar. Is this made by BendPak? That would make me feel pretty safe.

Link to neutral site: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/pro...ehESBoC4Srw_wcB
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
struckn
post Feb 11 2016, 07:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,764
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Says 20 inch max height? OK for Tire wheel work but doubt you could do much more and the $1,000 cost would kill it for me.

+Quote Post
iankarr
post Feb 11 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #3

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I've hd the QJ5000 for a year now and am really happy with it. The height is actually perfect. There are really only three workable heights under a car...6-7 feet so you can stand, 4 feet so you can sit, or 2 feet so you can be on your back and still reach stuff.

The engine drop question is a little trickier. Doing the traditional moving dolly method is actually difficult because the trapezoidal part of the lift blocks access to the engine bar bolts when the lift is low enough for the motor to rest on the dolly. On the XL version it may be better, I'm not sure. Instead, you can lower the lift so you still have access to the bolts, and then use a floor jack to lower the engine the rest of the way. But this method means you have to transfer it to a dolly. Not a big deal, but still.

I'd buy the XL version regardless. The regular 5000 is just barely wide enough to hit the front and rear donuts...actually theyre only halfway on the rubber blocks. Still safe, but the XL is more versatile. Pm me with any other Q's.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:20 AM