Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Temp Sensor II (CHT), Is this normal operation?
RustyWa
post Jun 14 2003, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Working Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

I hooked up a digital multimeter (DMM) to the wire coming off of the sensor, and then to ground. The sensor is plugged into the wiring harness also by the way. I wanted to get some numbers over a short time to see how quickly the ohms drop as the head heats up.

So, engine off, ambient temp is around 67 deg. F. Sensor reads 2945 ohms. My understanding is that this is normal.

Turn the key on and the multimeter reads nothing, open circuit I think it's called. Wasn't expecting this.

Start the engine and run it for a minute or two, multimeter still reads nothing. Turn the key off and now I get a reading of 506 ohms on the DMM.

So, turn the key to on (reads nothing) and then I switch the multimeter to volts DC and I have a reading of 2.584 volts while the key is in the on position? Is this normal?

I was thinking I could just watch the resistence drop while the engine is running.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeff Krieger
post Jun 14 2003, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

QUOTE(RustyWa @ Jun 14 2003, 05:35 PM)
So, engine off, ambient temp is around 67 deg. F.  Sensor reads 2945 ohms.  My understanding is that this is normal.

According to http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/djettest.pdf , that value is correct. Don't know about the rest of your readings
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:53 AM