Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> injector elbows, where to cut to remove crimp?
joeav8tor
post Mar 23 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,493

hi guys,
I am dropping my engine this weekend and doing some preventative maintenance and tune up...I got a set of injector elbows with the hose clamps...does someone have a picture of where I cut to get the crimp off, to install the new elbows...and any other tips..thanks
Joe (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flag.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 24 2005, 01:33 AM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

If they're hose clamps with screws on them, just loosen the screws to the point where the clamp slides to the other end of the hose and twist and wiggle the hose off.

If they're rings around the hose with no screw that you can tighten or loosen, just cut the metal ring and pry it off. Then twist and wiggle the hose off as above.

--DD
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Mar 24 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 366

To remove the factory crimp clamps on the fuel hoses:

The factory clamps are crimped onto the hoses for the injector. You need to cut them to remove them. The injector has a barbed fitting to accept the new hose, use a fuel injection rated hose clamp (ie not the ones with the serrated 'teeth) The correct replacement clamps have a solid band of metal in contact with the hose, and will not tear the hose nor lossen.

To remove the factory climped clamp, put the injector in a vice (on metal surfaces only, the plastic is brittle, and can crack, causing leaks)

I have used a hacksaw and / or a tin snips to cut away at the crimp clamp. Just cut the clamp down to its base, and then around it. You then should be able to pull off the old hose, and remaining bits of the factory clamp with no problems.

Good luck
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Mar 24 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 391

Here's a great excuse to get a Dremmel tool. I used a diamond cutoff wheel in mine when I cut the metal a few years ago. Just be careful when slicing.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 06:07 PM