Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone know this BEE, Is the lettering correct?
p65356sc
post Mar 24 2005, 08:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,189

On ebay............aaaaaaaa
Porsche : 914 Item number: 4538200630

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select a picture
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 24 2005, 08:43 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I have not personally seen this car but I do know a little about the 914 LE cars...

It looks like a nice car.

Whats your question? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
p65356sc
post Mar 24 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Does ithe decal look correct? I thought the letttering looked out of place. Shouldn't the door open on the O one one side and the H on the other? What do you think she's worth? Up to $9000?
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Mar 24 2005, 10:59 AM
Post #4

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Member No.: 64

Jeff, appears the seller thinks you know more than a "little". He uses your website in the ad.
Still trying to get to the owner of the creamsicle stashed in Tacoma, WA.
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Mar 24 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Clicky
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 24 2005, 11:10 AM
Post #6

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I don't claim to know much about the LE cars, but the color of the sticker and the color of the rocker cover are very different. Jeff, is this the way they were, are?
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Mar 24 2005, 11:13 AM
Post #7

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

QUOTE (bowlsby @ Mar 24 2005, 03:43 PM)
...  but I do know a little about the 914 LE cars...

Hey Jeff, I'd say if you know a little about LEs, then most of the others here know hardly anything about them (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Mar 24 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #8

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

anyone else notice the distinct absence of the FI?!?! the car lost a good part of it's value when it lost that, correct?! even if it was replaced with a 2.0 FI system, the numbers wouldn't match... or were the numbers even linked?

don't get me wrong, I like Carbs... but some cars should be left as god and Porsche intended... the LE is one of them... IMHO...
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 24 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #9

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

He say's he already has a Bumble Bee and A Creamsicle.... But does he have a Grass Hopper??.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 24 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #10

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Curious.... There's a center console, but I don't see an oil temp sender in the "under engine" photo???

--DD
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 24 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #11

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Shucks Wolfgang....I am blushing... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

This car is apparently opwned by Dave Hastings near Tampa...but its a VIN I haven't seen until this auction, ity will be addeed to the 914LE Registry. He sold another Bumblebee a few months ago here...Roy did as PPI if you recall.

The photos do show alot of detail and it looks like several of you are all over the details.

The FI was removed, but apparently is in a box and is included with the car. Now why would the PO have removed a perfectly fine FI system???? Prolly because it wasn't working, so it wont work now either. It MAY work, but only after replacing a few parts probably. There are no chassis-specific FI parts that would matter to a collector.

Anything non-stock, non-original will reduce the collector value and price of this car obviously. "Original 914s are only original once".

The side stripes look like the VOA replacement stripes, as they are a brighter yellow than the original Sunflower Yellow color and the two side-by-side would look odd. Hard to know tho' if the valence yellow is correct as the car was repainted so it has non-original paint. My guess is that when the car was painted, it used the correct sunflower yellow for the trim and the VOA stripes...thats what it looks like. And the stripes were installed incorrectly. The PORSCHE lettering should be centered between the wheel wells. Kinda screams at you once you know what to look for.

The front valence looks like its a repro...the OEM front valences are next to impossible to find.

But you know, the car looks to be in good condition, but we all know its the details and quality that will determine the price. $9 large? Maybe...but I don't know, its not original anymore, but $9K for a good quality 914LE seems certainly reasonable, where did that number come from? $9K for even a standard 914 in excellent condition would be a good find. A restored LE sold a year or two ago for $12K. I know of an LE owner who picked up a tired but very solid Bumblebee up for $900 and I know people who have paid closer to $15K. It all depends on luck...ignorance of the seller, knowledge of the buyer and being at the right place at the right time.

I am on the trail of a Grasshopper LE...hope to know more by the WCC... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Mar 24 2005, 02:48 PM
Post #12

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

Dave's right... I knew the pic looked weird, thought it was just the TUNA CAN that was throwing me off...
+Quote Post
p65356sc
post Mar 24 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #13

Thanks for the info.............I 've been a fan of the LE cars and have read up some on them. It was the decal that set me to woundering. The o'l O at the drivers door and H at the passanger door placement. Has anyone acually seen a for real Grasshopper LE?
Thanks again
Ross
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Mar 24 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #14

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here's the bumble bee from Michigan. This is one fine 914-LE.

Tom
He should be at this years MW-2005 meet.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 09:06 PM