Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Idle issue..., D-jet idle a bit faster than should be-what am i missing?
76-914
post Mar 12 2016, 09:08 AM
Post #21

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 10 2016, 06:29 PM) *

Sadly I think that bowlsby is correct and you need to become really detailed to figure out where the air is getting in.

I start simple.
Then only hose you need connected to the plenum for the motor to start and idle is the mps .
I remove all other hoses and cap off all the ports with tape or rubber caps.

Done like this you will eliminate a few potential leaks and know if one of them has any affect on idle.

If you see a change to normal idle, at least when I find it, I put one hose back on at a time, then re test. Then you will know which system needs repair.

If there is no positive change then you have the plenum, runner hoses and intake gaskets to deal with.

Don't overlook poorly adjusted valves either.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) This method will identify the problem area unless it's an injector seal. BTW, that is where I found the last of my leaks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 12 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #22

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I got to do a bit more on this thursday, really set the tps, and idle is right at 1000. I do think the only other 2 things here would be to check the valves again, it's been a year,, other might be to check that cht connector. Those are great ideas. I have thought it might be an issue for a while too.
All these are valid comments. I have already, not too long ago, pulled the plenum, throttle body, injectors (last year) and put back together with all new sensors connectors and seals, after which the car ran great, but idle was actually a bit low. It was after we diagnosed a non starting issue as a failing mps, I found and replaced it with a rebuilt one that we have had a faster idle and I went back to recheck the tps, etc along with timing to then get a better idea of whether the mps was what might need to be tweeked.
I do think it may be the mps still, but my numbers at part and full load are really pretty good so other than adding a bit of resistance to cht and checking that connector I can deal with a nice steady idle of 1000
I have found in the past that if that idle circuit, cht is too low then you get that issue of when the car is hot and you park it for 5 minutes, cme back and restart, the idle is too low and doesn't want to star running for the first few minutes and right now I don't have that issue anymore.
But the next thing will be to try and get my 2 mps tuned that I just rebuilt, which st the moment neither one work (cAR won't run)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:58 AM