Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got to thinking about a new project, I scare myself when I think too much
djm914-6
post Jun 15 2003, 07:17 PM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

Between the Biz card thread and the lens thread with the blue car pictured I thought of a project that was marginally discussed here earlier... rear window graphics.

I figure trucks have them, so why not sports cars. I have a lead on the proper material and am thinking about enlarging the biz card to the size of my rear window. Other graphics mat be cool too.

Of course I still need to continue working on the paint orders I have pending now, but after that, I'll be looking for something else fun to paint.

Well, back to the Tees and RC art. Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Jun 15 2003, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 71
Region Association: Southern California

Right now there are two small stickers on my car: 1. small PCA on the rear window behind the driver's seat, 2. small Obey (Andre the Giant) on the driver's side exhaust tip. I can't see my way to a big window graphic.

To tangientially answer your question though: I could see a license plate frame with a 914 club something or other on it on my car. I'd buy one if it looked cool/tasteful.

Good luck,
Kevin
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jun 15 2003, 08:49 PM
Post #3

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Check your state laws about blocking the windows. I have a very nice Road Glue windshield banner that I can't put on a car because it is against the law to put anything on the front windshield. There are simular laws reguarding the rear and side windows covering tint ect.
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Jun 15 2003, 08:53 PM
Post #4

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219

that just gave me an idear
(sorry canadians) we should make some 914 club.com winshield banners! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jun 15 2003, 09:17 PM
Post #5

King of Road Trips

Glad I could help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Jun 15 2003, 09:28 PM
Post #6

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219

no prob...down here in socal, everyone has em,

those mounties are stiff when it comes to auto decals (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jun 16 2003, 04:27 AM
Post #7

King of Road Trips

Actually it's the local police that enforce that bit of law. The local police get creative in interpeting the highway trafic act. I was once given a ticket for altered suspension. The act states "no person shall alter the suspension from factory specs". I had air shocks on a 62 Falcon Wagon. I went to court with a printout of the Ford factory suspension parts list and pictures of the original suspension still on the car and won. I also offered to the judge that he could come outside to look at the car if he wanted to. I did get a parking ticket for a expired meter while in court, so it was a muted victory.

Sunday night is cruise night here and serveral businesses use it to draw people in to spend money. The cruisers use the main drag (4 lanes each way) and the trafic jams are getting out of hand. Some forward thinking city fathers are "talking" about setting up a drag strip on the city limits, but that's all their doing is talking. The closest one and only one is 60 miles away. But most of the city fathers just want the police to write more tickets. The write tickets and the problem will go away therory. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:39 AM