Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3.7 million Ford PU/SUV's are recalled?
skline
post Mar 25 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Another bad recall by Ford. I remember back when they first introduced the Explorer, they had to recall all of them at first because the front end would fall off. Now they are being investigated for all PU's and SUV's for a bad cruise control that could kill you. Just another reason I would never buy another Ford.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Mar 25 2005, 01:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,414
Region Association: None

Supposedly the Focus will be recalled, too. Something about the rear door jams rusting and the doors flying open on freeways. I didn't pay much attention, since I only sit in the driver's seat of mine. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
teenrookie
post Mar 25 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,229
Region Association: None

I opened the PAG (Premier Auto Group) in Irvine for Ford a few years ago. It was a scary place to work then, morale was really down, Lincoln got shipped back to Detroit, the design studio was always being told they were on their last leg. I had to make the 4th floor black. I cannot imagine what it is like today.

On the good side of Ford there were like 18 holidays, every other Friday off if you worked flex schedule, 3 weeks vacation, they paid us not to be there.

Another major pain in Ford's side is their retirement benifit outlay; being 100 years old can hurt!!
+Quote Post
Steve
post Mar 25 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

If they stood behind there products instead of running and hiding I would still own one.
My first American car was a Ford Expedition.
My poor Wife was stranded with the kids after it decided to eject a spark plug from the head.
$3k to fix it and they said its not covered under the extended warranty.
I did a search on google, ford blowing spark plugs and it brought up the following link.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/...ford_spark.html
At least they covered the blown head gasket and transmission problems before this happened.

What a POS.
Per the maintenance policy those plugs were put in by the factory.
The problem is there is not enough threads in the head to hold the plug in and over time they rip the threads out.
I hope all American cars are not this bad.
But sad to say we dumped the Expedition and bought a Toyota Sequioia.
Who knows if I will ever buy an American car again.
Except maybe a 66 mustang or 69 camaro...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 05:15 PM