Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Warning:
rick 918-S
post Mar 31 2016, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I received a PM from a person wanting to purchase anything off of a car I scrapped that had a sticker or tag claiming that was all he needed to reproduce the car. We've discussed this on the forum and concur it may very well be a federal offense. The act of vin swapping and forging a title and tags is one thing. Selling a special car to someone else without disclosing the fact that the only real part is the federal emission tag is not only illegal but highly unethical. My caution is not only to beware who you sell to but also who you buy from.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 1 2016, 07:55 AM
Post #2

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Hi Rick- Sadly with the rise in value of our cars, there is also a rise in scammers who seek to take from others. With the proliferation of Internet anonymity come the cock roaches of the world. I am very cautious when buying/selling anything over the Internet and always assume I am being "played" by the other part.

Despite my caution, I was recently taken advantage of by Patrick Kennedy of Kennedy Designs, with whom I, and I am sure many others, have done business with. Cost me $159. I was sadly disappointed that Patrick apparently played me to gain $159 - I guess he needed it. Shameful.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 1 2016, 09:24 AM
Post #3

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 1 2016, 09:55 AM) *

Hi Rick- Sadly with the rise in value of our cars, there is also a rise in scammers who seek to take from others. With the proliferation of Internet anonymity come the cock roaches of the world. I am very cautious when buying/selling anything over the Internet and always assume I am being "played" by the other part.

Despite my caution, I was recently taken advantage of by Patrick Kennedy of Kennedy Designs, with whom I, and I am sure many others, have done business with. Cost me $159. I was sadly disappointed that Patrick apparently played me to gain $159 - I guess he needed it. Shameful.

What happened?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:46 PM