Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Headlight bucket drains..., Go out and clean them NOW!
si2t3m
post Jun 17 2003, 01:41 PM
Post #1

914 addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Well, that's one of those things you forget after a couple of year of 914 ownership.

Last week i noticed that i had a spot of water on the ground under the left side headlight. I felt into the drain tube and i was a wee bit wet. Ok it had rained the day before.

During lunch, i noticed again a spot of water on the ground... Last rainfall was saturday. I start poking around, in the tube, then I find a small branch, i'm now laying in front of the car in the office parking lot.

Humm, seems clogged... Poke, poke poke and all of a sudden, it start pouring all over the place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pain30.gif) (remember i'm still laying in front of the car). It seemed like at least a liter of water was stuck in the bucket under the light.

Soo, good new is that it's not clogged anymore. Bad news is that i'm wet and was the laught of the day at the office... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Lucky for me, no rust in or under the light buckets.

If you didn't check them lately, Please take the 2 minutes it takes to fish those big drain holes out. You might be in for a suprise!

Marc-André
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tahoward
post Jun 17 2003, 06:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

Thanks for giving me the push I need to do this. I always say I'll check the next time I wash it. At least this is one job that won't cause the teener to be on jackstands for weeks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 03:24 PM