Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PCA Zone 8 Cal Inland Concours Sun 4/30/17, Feel free to post yer pix of it here!
Tom_T
post Apr 13 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) ..... Coming up this Sunday folks!

PS - Also see the info on the new/recent rule changes for Wash & Shine, Preservation & Special Categories (for the engine swap & AX/Race cars entries) at post #5.

PSS - This is the link to the 2017 Concours event registration & poster pdf -
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/concou...a-inland-064214

I'm pretty sure you can still enter at the event this year again, or just come to display your Porsche - preferably 914 - or just to look & visit with folks.

The next one & first Zone 8 Concours for the 2017 CdE Season will be on Sunday April 30th 2017 at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita CA - just off I-5 at Valencia Blvd. exit East, turn right & look for the PCA Concours sign on the quick right into the College road into the parking area.

Hope to see a few 914ers there!

I'll have my blue `88 Westy van there for the food/coffee & check-in/scoring table.

Note the 914s front & center in their poster at the link below! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached File  CAI_Concours_Flyer_2017_1_.pdf ( 674.64k ) Number of downloads: 63

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

2016 Event

Okay folks,

If you missed not being able to display or enter your Porsches - preferably 914s - so far in April due to the other 2 longstanding April Concours being canceled at Festival of Speed & Art Center in Pasadena ....

Well, this is your chance!

Cal Inland Region's Concours will be held at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita (Valencia) on Sunday 4/17 - bring your 914 (or other P-car) to display or to enter the judged competition.

Remember - it's a Porsche Car Show, where some of the cars are judged, & others just displayed - & you can just come to look for FREE!

It's a small event where folks are friendly & low key & there are always at least 2 or more 914s there owned by long time 914 owners, & I would expect that SoCal Andy will have his fabulous 914-6 resto there to try for the Zone 8 annual honors too. They usually go off for a late lunch after the event at a local eatery too.

Register here:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/concou...92#.Vw6wTUfd42w

& map here:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//26455+Rock...33;2d34.4050628

There is no cutoff date to register online except to pay a late fee of $10.00 & Yes, they will be doing on-site registrations for both judged and display.

Remember - don't be afraid to enter your 914, cuz I was able to get Zone 8 to change the rules 2016> to add a separate Class for the 914/4 & 914-6 in Wash & Shine Division - where only exterior & interior are judged - for those who want to try out Concours, or DD, or don't want to kill themselves prepping engine & trunks or god forbid - undercarriage!

For the more ambitious types - the other Divisions with more judged areas have always had a separate 914/4 & 916-6 Class for: Street or Preservation (Ext/Int/Engine/Storage Judged for both - Presv. is for 10 MY or older with 75% original at Ext & Int), or Full Concours (adds Undercarriage Front & Rear to Street/Pres areas).

You can even make it a Two-fer, & go the Tragic Mountain to ride roller coasters afterwards!

I'll be there judging, with our blue Westy van/awning as the "hospitality Suite" - feel free to say Hi, &/or to follow around a judging team if you want to see what it's all about!

If you go, feel free to post you pix here for all to see.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:17 AM