Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> backfiring, once in a while
Frank Marino
post Jun 17 2003, 06:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 816

Hey, this is my first post, but I've been reading the forum for a while. dmilzoff is the other driver of the car, you may have seen him post before, he's fairly new also. We just had new headers put on the car. The carbs (weber-48's i believe) have been cleaned and tuned. Its an 82 911 engine by the way.

It used to backfire a lot, before we had the headers replaced. Turned out there were a few episodes of rust on the old headers which caused holes and I know that can cause backfiring. But I'm sure there are no holes now because of the new pipes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The car still backfires once in a while, so I assume there is some sort of dirt getting into the carbs still. A friend suggested that the gas tank might be rusty inside and that the fuel filter isn't grabbing all the rust. What do you think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ? The filter was installed last year, but very low miles have been put on the car since then. Think changing the filter will solve the few backfires here and there? Or is it more involved?

Frank
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:11 AM