Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NASCAR eliminating road courses?, See the comments...
Lawrence
post Jun 17 2003, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 244
Region Association: None

Road Courses

P.S. I have to at least have some passing familiarity of NASCAR... to pacify certain people who assist me by handing me tools, etc.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tahoward
post Jun 18 2003, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

It probably is just a matter of time. Most fans can't get their minds around anything except going around in circles. When I was young I was a huge Petty fan. Nowadays I'd rather cut grass than watch Nascar!
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jun 18 2003, 05:41 PM
Post #3

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

Road Courses = Real Racing
Ovals = A good show
I'd rather follow a series that uses road courses. But than Nascar could never pay it's bills with the money they get from me, $0.
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Jun 18 2003, 05:51 PM
Post #4

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153

I am an avid fan of all racing but... Sunday afternoon watching NASCAR's go round and round and round...with a beer in my hand...,zzzzzzzzzz

A great way to have an afternoon nap. I should tape it and use it at night when I can't sleep. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

CART and the CHAMP Cars are the really diverse drivers in the world today. They have to have it all. Too bad the greed of Tony George and his Indianapolis Speedway $$$ have ruined all open wheel racing in North America. He can bite me and kiss my (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 18 2003, 07:17 PM
Post #5

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

When CART dies, and it will die soon, IRL will do Road Courses. Mark my words!
+Quote Post
street legal go-kart
post Jun 18 2003, 08:36 PM
Post #6

Miss Mari's slave

Member No.: 490

hey
the thing that sucks is the loss of the history
the era i grew up in , all the greats ran it all .
i mean aj still drove midgets and modifieds untill 3-4 yyears ago
and furthermore did anyone else see mario at indy this year ?
the thing that makes racing great is the aplication of an equtable formula for the cars and/or a series that is a no holds bared , run what you brung sort of deal .
THIS IS WHAT NASCAR DOES NOT GET
when i was involed w/rounyround cars that was the life of the circut
a privatere could stil run w/the big guys and not sell his soul for a new set of stickers
anyways just my 2 cents

jt
+Quote Post
street legal go-kart
post Jun 18 2003, 08:47 PM
Post #7

Miss Mari's slave

Member No.: 490

ps
i still think the only thing that will save cart is th no holds barred approach with regards to the engines
heres the formula

2.0 ltr
turbo or charged
racing gasoline

or

1.3 ltr
turbo or charged
any fuel

or

naturaly aspirate
any fuel

this would drive r and d and also nwe emerging technologies
this needs some fine tuning but i think
the concept would work

jt
+Quote Post
soloracer
post Jun 18 2003, 09:12 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 538

Did you guys watch the Montoya / Gordon car swap on TV a few days ago? I was glued to the set the whole time. Jeff Gordon did a respectable job in the F1 car and I found his commentary to be both enlightening and refreshing at the same time. His enthusiasm was fun to watch. He acted the same way I would if I got a chance to drive a set of fast wheels. Just goes to show even the famous guys get thrilled once in a while. Montoya was gracious as well saying that he enjoyed driving the stock car and that it was much different than he thought. I applaud both sides for putting this event together as it gave the viewers a chance to see what the difference is between the cars and the drivers. Interestingly both guys lapped within a second or two of each other in their respective cars (Gordon was slower than Montoya in the F1 car and Montoya was slower than Gordon in the stock car).
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 18 2003, 09:41 PM
Post #9

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

Can you say Trans Am? Leave the Stock Cars on the round track where they belong.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 19 2003, 08:09 AM
Post #10

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

NEXTEL just became the title sponsor replacing Winston/RJR.
+Quote Post
72Signal914
post Jun 19 2003, 12:32 PM
Post #11

Think I need a new keyboard

Member No.: 702

If they ditch the road courses then there will be no way in hell I will watch NASCAR. I don't watch it anyway but the whole "can only make left turns" is so true. There have been many IRL and F1 racers who have tried the NASCAR thing and have fared well because its easy. They might not win but they give a good showing.

I think they need to put on more Le Mans races with REAL Sports Cars, not American sedans that are moded out the ASS. I loved watching 12 hours of Sebring. I could have went but I didn't know until that day that it was going on. The American Le Mans Series is by far the best racing because there are so many different classes that race and it's really anybody's game. I would say that it's a little hard to follow if you are not educated about the racing and class and how a race works and yes it might not have that "edge-of-you-seat" feeling like some F1/CART/IRL/NASCAR races have when it comes down to the end.

I would like to see a Stock Car race for 12 or 24 hours straight and switch drivers ever so often just so they know how real racing is like. Granted there are many different types of racing and Enduro is the toughest of them all since everyone's game has to be on that day, but short lap (200-300 laps) races with Le Mans racers would be a blast to watch and I'd be glued to the boob-tube
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 02:24 PM