Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: VW Salvage Yards, Need help finding parts for my Golf
FriarJohn
post Jun 18 2003, 10:59 AM
Post #1

Non-914-Owner

Group: Members
Member No.: 211
Region Association: None

I'll try to be brief. A few years ago I broke the driver's seat in my '94 Golf. In August 2000 I went to Denver and bought a pair of used seats from a shop in Arvada. What I didn't pay attention to is the seat belts. My car is equipped with passive restraint shoulder belts with manual lap belts, and the seats I bought are for cars with regular three-point belts. All the brackets are welded on and I didn't want to start chopping up seats - I knew I'd be selling the car someday and didn't want any liability for chopped up seatbelt brackets. Since then I've been driving with the shoulder belts only.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care (and I haven't for a couple years) but I going to be selling the car soon and need to fix this. I've had trouble in the past dealing with salvage yards that don't know anything about VWs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Can someone recommend a salvage yard that I can deal with to either get a set of three-point belts with all the bits and pieces (I need to make sure I get the b-pillar trim pieces and any non-seat-attached bracketry needed as well as the belts themselves) or some new seats that work with the passive restraint system? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanks,

John
P.S. Anyone want to buy a really nice '94 Golf III GL 4door with good paint and brakes, new tires, shocks and struts this year, and 114k mi? The only problem is the sunroof is busted. I'm looking for $4,000. This has been a great daily driver for over five years but I'm buying a GMC Yukon.

Golf Gallery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 18 2003, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Try Campbell Nelson in Arlington (Smokey Point) Wa. They carry a ton of VW and Porsche parts.

Geoff
+Quote Post
FriarJohn
post Jun 18 2003, 03:05 PM
Post #3

Non-914-Owner

Member No.: 211
Region Association: None

Thanks. I'll give them a shot.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 09:38 AM