Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stolen 914, Pelican parts owner
Coondog
post Apr 25 2016, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

Just read a thread on the Pelican parts forum that Pelicans owner Wayne had his 914-6 stolen last night in Harbor City......close to LA. He hasn't posted a pic yet, if someone has one please post and be on the lookout.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/forums.pelicanparts.com-179-1461607825.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(80 - 99)
914bub
post Apr 26 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #81

Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 26 2016, 08:48 PM) *

Feel really bad for Wayne. I had a 68 Camero and a rust free 1960 Chevy Impala 2dr Hard top with a 348 4sp stolen two days apart. The Camero was found on a dead end road so wrecked you could make out the what kind of car it was. The 60 ended up in the scrap yard in the crusher pile. I was 18 with no insurance. Very sad, still bothers me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) Hope it's found. Wayne is a good guy I hope to meet one day.

Wow, previous post deleted,.......Really?

I was agreeing with Rick about questions with the box truck. How and why was it tied to this heist? The box truck pix are clearly shot in the daytime and the car was stolen around 12:30 AM? Was the same box truck seen casing this place???

Once again,..... back on topic.

And hopefully not deleted.
+Quote Post
Gunn1
post Apr 26 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 19,670

I is quite hypocritical of some of you to jump on me , when I can go back at past posts of yours and find "political" items. You also need to read the rules as well .
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ Apr 26 2016, 10:35 PM) *

Go take your meds stay on topic and keep the political crap in the sandbox and read the forum rules..................

Hope Wayne finds his car, but this whole thing seems a bit off to me.

QUOTE(OU812 @ Apr 26 2016, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Apr 26 2016, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(mbseto @ Apr 26 2016, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Apr 25 2016, 08:26 PM) *

Stealing is a horrible thing, but failure to take the initiative to protect your "stuff" is a close second.

So you say the owner of this car is roughly the moral equivalent of the person that stole this car because the owner didn't install the proper alarm?

It has nothing to do with the type of alarm...It has everything to do with due diligence.

In today's world if you have anything of value i.e. Car, Diamonds, Art, Ect.....you have a obligation to protect it from those who want to take it from you.

No personal Morality brought in to question. Just the facts of the society we live in.

In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 26 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #83

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(914bub @ Apr 26 2016, 09:15 PM) *
I was agreeing with Rick about questions with the box truck. How and why was it tied to this heist? The box truck pix are clearly shot in the daytime and the car was stolen around 12:30 AM? Was the same box truck seen casing this place???

Does nobody read anymore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

From Wayne himself, in his thread on Pelican:

The 914 was stolen in broad daylight at about 11:30AM

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Apr 26 2016, 10:50 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Does nobody read anymore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

From Wayne himself, in his thread on Pelican:

The 914 was stolen in broad daylight at about 11:30AM

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Easy there Mr. Admin, his first Pelican thread stated it was stolen at 12am and further noted it was seen being driven by the Police at 12:30 am
In a updated thread he spoke of it being stolen at 11:30am then being seen that night by the Police.
Easy for some readers to be confused......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Apr 26 2016, 11:22 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 14,913

sorry to hear this sad news Wayne...
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Apr 27 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #86

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

My assistant put it in there - I think the keys were left in the ignition.

Hope he finds it..
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 27 2016, 02:19 AM
Post #87

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Coincidentally, back in the mid-70's, I used to work in the same building that Pelican currently runs their business out of. It was the customer repair facility for a company named Pathcom (communications equipment).

Over and out.
+Quote Post
post Apr 27 2016, 03:42 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

I have first hand experience on how it feels to have someone " walk off " something of value vs working for it.
After high school, I bought a new Kawasaki three cylinder for transportation back and forth to UCLA.....one morning, I went to school, parked it on the street. After my speech class, I uncover that my Kawasaki....simply "walked" off.
First time I was exposed to the intentions of others ... had that Kawasaki for one week. Insurance paid me $350 less than what I paid - as it was a one week old used bike. Got hosed on both ends. That experience taught me two things: you have a segment of the population that "simply " will steal . Second, how insurance company works too...
Both a one way street.
I don't think the 914 in question will show up again- at least as a complete car.
+Quote Post
Bulldog9
post Apr 27 2016, 11:55 PM
Post #89

Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I dont do politics, only religion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) but not in this forum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Kidding aside, your post was way off dude. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

QUOTE(OU812 @ Apr 27 2016, 12:30 AM) *

I is quite hypocritical of some of you to jump on me , when I can go back at past posts of yours and find "political" items. You also need to read the rules as well .
+Quote Post
veekry9
post Apr 28 2016, 06:26 AM
Post #90

OldMember

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 16,025
Region Association: Canada

Attached Image

A joyrider?
A whodunnit,solved by the mass experience of the World's tv viewing,all those hours of detecting.
A black 914-6,seen on broadcast by millions,can't stay hidden.
As Sherlock said,give me clues.Allow me some conjecture,to build a hypothesis.
Hard to believe a random score,tho the sighting,hours later by police points to thrill seekers.
Someone familiar with 914s,wanting a six,knew where one was stored,knew it would start,knew the layout.,
a familiar face,known to 914 enthusiasts,has a 914-4 recipient,access to an enclosed garage,local to LA.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Bastages.
/
Stranger things have happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDT04DOalI
/
+Quote Post
rjames
post Apr 28 2016, 01:05 PM
Post #91

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I keep checking back in hopes that there's a post stating that the car has been found and in the condition it was before it was stolen.

Hope some good news comes soon.
+Quote Post
stugray
post Apr 28 2016, 01:57 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,819

QUOTE(veekry9 @ Apr 28 2016, 06:26 AM) *

Someone familiar with 914s,wanting a six,knew where one was stored,knew it would start,knew the layout.,
a familiar face
,known to 914 enthusiasts,has a 914-4 recipient,access to an enclosed garage,local to LA.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Totally agree that IF you find the perp it will be someone that frequents the premises.

EVERY time I have had something stolen (and figured out who did it), it was someone that was familiar with my stuff and my schedule.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Apr 28 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 27 2016, 01:19 AM) *

Coincidentally, back in the mid-70's, I used to work in the same building that Pelican currently runs their business out of. It was the customer repair facility for a company named Pathcom (communications equipment).

Over and out.

Suspect number one. Bet you still have a key to the building and your moving to Arz. Very suspicious if you ask me....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 28 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #94

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

QUOTE(stugray @ Apr 28 2016, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(veekry9 @ Apr 28 2016, 06:26 AM) *

a familiar face
,known to 914 enthusiasts,has a 914-4 recipient,access to an enclosed garage,local to LA.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Totally agree that IF you find the perp it will be someone that frequents the premises.

EVERY time I have had something stolen (and figured out who did it), it was someone that was familiar with my stuff and my schedule.

Someone stole 3 motorcycles from a sea container we use for storage. Even put the parts back in the container so we didn't notice it right away. 99% sure we know the past employee who did it but no proof. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 28 2016, 10:53 PM
Post #95

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE(Coondog @ Apr 28 2016, 08:37 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 27 2016, 01:19 AM) *

Over and out.
Suspect number one. Bet you still have a key to the building and your moving to Arz. Very suspicious if you ask me....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I wasn't employed there long enough to rate a key to the building, let alone the executive restroom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... (Sitting at a work bench inhaling (lead) solder fumes for 8 hours a day wasn't actually as much fun as it sounds) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

... and from reading the post on Pelican, I take it the car was stored at a different building anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Feb 21 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #96

Member No.: 10,510

I know this is an old topic, but I just ran across a salvage auction for this car that was stolen. I never heard if the thief and/or this car was ever found, but here it is.

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 21 2018, 01:43 PM
Post #97

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Feb 21 2018, 11:40 AM) *

I know this is an old topic, but I just ran across a salvage auction for this car that was stolen. I never heard if the thief and/or this car was ever found, but here it is.

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere.

https://sca.auction/en/21798308-1974-porsche-914

Attached Image

Interesting, wonder what it'll go for? Neat find. Guessing insurance paid out since car is at auction.
+Quote Post
mtndawg
post Feb 21 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #98

Member No.: 9,985

Interesting
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Feb 21 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #99

Member No.: 10,510

I'm curious to see what it goes for as well. The site lists ACV (actual cash value prior to theft) at $45K. Other than being dirty, I wonder how badly it was beat on. Must have been bad enough for Wayne to take the insurance money and let her go.

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 21 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #100

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

Wayne has 3 962's as well as a lot of other high end Porsches. He just sold his company for big $. I doubt the 914 is even on his mind.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:41 PM