Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche Dirt Track Racer?, 914 Outlawed for Dominating the Dirt.
cdmcse
post Apr 1 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,305

Here is an intersting ebay vehicle...

944 Dirt Tracker

I figured this is something I would see in KY, not in CA. The funny part is this quote from his auction...

"This car was built specifically because the owners previous car, a Porsche 914 Dirt car, was outlawed after it WON the championship for the 2003 season."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve Thacker
post Apr 1 2005, 05:52 AM
Post #2

UMMMPH Yea Baby Yea ! UMMMPH

Member No.: 113
Region Association: Upper MidWest

914 dirt tracker huh? Hey at least he knows that nothing handles better. The seller can't be all bad. Maybe he has WV roots or sump'in? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
mikerose
post Apr 1 2005, 08:05 AM
Post #3

Happy to be back

Member No.: 60
Region Association: None

If you call GPR and ask for Jim . This was his car.Very fast

Mike (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
grasshopper
post Apr 1 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,258

QUOTE (Steve Thacker @ Apr 1 2005, 03:52 AM)
914 dirt tracker huh? Hey at least he knows that nothing handles better. The seller can't be all bad. Maybe he has WV roots or sump'in? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

hey, watch it! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
davep
post Apr 1 2005, 09:48 AM
Post #5

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

When his 2003 championship winning mid-engine Porsche 914 was banned for the 2004 season, Tom Grzincic brought out a Porsche 944 which is front engine and rear wheel drive as specified in the rules. After winning the opening night 20 lap main event on April 3, Grzincic seemed to fade the next two races, giving rise to the possibility of a tough title fight for the 2004 Christianson Chevrolet Mini Stock title. That changed on May 15 when the Atascadero driver started a run of five straight victories, interrupted only when Atascadero's Darrin Davis won the main on August 21. Grzincic ripped off two more feature wins before turning the car over to Davis, the final race of the season, to allow him to sew up his second straight runner-up spot in the championship, behind Grzincic.

Link
+Quote Post
Howard
post Apr 1 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #6

Incontin(g)ent Member

Member No.: 943

Always felt the 914 would be the perfect starting point for a killer dirt tracker. Guess I was right. Anyone have any pix of the car in question?
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 1 2005, 12:31 PM
Post #7

You bought another 914?

Member No.: 865

I like this 914 4X4. Would like to see it in person. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
kart54
post Apr 1 2005, 01:14 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,520

Well,
The information you see is correct on the 914 and the 944 but I'm going to disappoint all of you guys. The 914 car was a killer dirt track car but was no longer suitable for much else. If you've been following my posts you know I've been looking for parts to update my G prod road racing Porsche. A friend and I bought the car, which was excellently prepared. Great roll cage. Unfortunately, he and I were looking for parts for our respective cars. My G prod road race car and his unlimited buggy.
The car has now been completely dismantled and is on the way to the crusher. I have all the transaxles (there were a couple of extras), seat, fuel cell, fuel pump and suspension pieces for my road car. My partner has the motor and the center section of the roll cage. The rest of the car is gone.
It truly was a great 914 that was very well prepared and from what I understand never lost a race at Santa Maria Speedway, a local, small dirt track. If there are picures out there it was the black number 10. It is the reason md-engined cars are now banned on the local dirt tracks.
It will live on in the SCCA and PCR "Car 54 Here I Am" G prod Porsche and in a Best of the Desert unlimited buggy driven by a past national champion, George Gowland.
Randy
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 06:32 AM