Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Stereo Wiring Help, What I've got and what I wanna do....
914bub
post May 3 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

I'm no noob to installing stereos. I've installed a lot of them and know how to wire the power, non keyed power, ground etc. I know I can use the power antenna lead to fire up a power antenna, an amp etc.

The thing is I've only ever installed a headset with a pair of 6X9's, (occasionally with a single amp). I understand crossovers but since I'm not running tweeters I don't know if I need them. I'm also wanting to run 2 amps.

Here's what I've got:

Retrosound radio (RC900C) with both high and low,(RCA) outputs.

A pair of 6.5" speakers that I'm putting into 914rubbers speaker pods. I want to drive those with a 200 watt amp.

1 sub, (8"), built into a passenger side footwell enclosure. I have a 300 watt amp that I want to use with it. I purchased both the sub and the 300 watt amp from a "world" member who previously used those components together.

Here's my question. Can I use the RCA plugs coming out of the headset and split those to the 2 amps and then just wire the speakers or ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post May 3 2016, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

You can split the RCA cables. Remember the 914 does not have an accessory position on the key. It's best to wire the red and yellow wire together to a hot source. Just remember to turn it off when parked.
+Quote Post
914bub
post May 3 2016, 09:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,260

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 3 2016, 08:47 PM) *

You can split the RCA cables. Remember the 914 does not have an accessory position on the key. It's best to wire the red and yellow wire together to a hot source. Just remember to turn it off when parked.

Mike
Thanks! I should have "paged" you!
Besides the bumper I bought from Rob's wife your the only member I've met in person. I was the pasta guy who bought the passenger side door.
Thanks again, Erik
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:05 PM