Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Installed my new dash yesterday
JRust
post May 8 2016, 03:50 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Okay so I finally got around to installing my new 914 rubber reproduced dash. I have to admit I was ready to beat the $hit out of someone but the time I was done. Been quite a while since I removed a dash. The 9 13mm nuts are the worst to get out. I had to remove my radio which normally isn't a problem. The little sleeve it slides into just would not release. A few of the tabs I just couldn't get to. Pretty much destroyed that damn thing taking it out. Not all that big a deal as I want to just install an amp with a blue tooth connection. I never use a radio anymore anyway. The fit of the dash is just a little different than my original. The portion above my gauges where it meets the vinyl under the windshield. Where I notice that the most. I'll get another picture showing it. I took one picture with my new dash in place. At this point I am just glad I am done with the job. Getting those little nut's onto my new dash. Especially the 2 behind the gauges. Those are the worst of them all to feed on there & get tight. At least I won't have to worry about doing it again with my new dash in place right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

So the end result was just fine but it took me a good 2+ hours of fighting it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) . Hell I could pull my drive train in a lot less time

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 09:56 AM