Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2016: September 22-25, 2016, Great weather, roads, and people. See you in 2017.
naro914
post Aug 26 2016, 12:21 PM
Post #121

Losing my mind...

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 26 2016, 02:09 PM) *

LOL! I have 5 suites reserved....was going to sell at a premium when block was full. Comon' guys, help me out...book it full. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Tony

LOL!! I also see you're back to Cracker instead of Reverend Troublemaker... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 26 2016, 12:37 PM
Post #122

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 26 2016, 02:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 26 2016, 02:09 PM) *

LOL! I have 5 suites reserved....was going to sell at a premium when block was full. Comon' guys, help me out...book it full. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Tony

LOL!! I also see you're back to Cracker instead of Reverend Troublemaker... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

ive been trying to figure out how to change mine- how do you do that?
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Aug 26 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316

Philip W: Cause a stir & you can be Reverend Troublemaker! Groundwork already completed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

PM SirAndy and ask nicely. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Tony

[quote name='Philip W.' date='Aug 26 2016, 02:37
ive been trying to figure out how to change mine- how do you do that?
[/quote]
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 26 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 18 2016, 06:06 PM) *

Would like to welcome a new sponsor Dakota Digital.

If I had their digital cylinder head temperature gauge I bet I would not be swapping cracked heads!

Oh yea, Scott said they are sending one of the gauges as a prize for the event! I purchased one of these (yes Bob and Steve I have a receipt) that you can see work at the event! This likely could have saved my head.

Well got the CHT installed. Really straightforward install. One of the few things that I have purchased that was exactly as it was advertised. Seems to work great. Quick drive and head temps below 350F.

Attached Image

Looks good too!
+Quote Post
914four
post Aug 27 2016, 09:12 AM
Post #125

Member No.: 7,582

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 25 2016, 08:30 AM) *

Anyone else feel the schedule pressure?

Yep!

Engine goes back in this weekend.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 27 2016, 09:30 AM
Post #126

Advanced Member

QUOTE(914four @ Aug 27 2016, 07:12 AM) *

Yep!

Attached Image

Drove mine today! Felt good. Wow would love to have that garage!

Keep pushing. It will be worth it.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 28 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #127

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(914four @ Aug 27 2016, 10:12 AM) *

Yep!

Attached Image

Kelvin,
Why did you take it out? Did it get Dirty? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 28 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #128

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Spent a bit of time on Betty's car today. Fixed the squeaky shifter. Found out it was the shift rod hitting the bolt for the heater lever. Replaced the speedo cable, replaced the broken window crank.

Got interrupted by a call from work. Had to stop for a while. We will be ready for the trip.

1014 miles from our house to the hotel. Too bad it wasn't 100 miles shorter.

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 29 2016, 11:01 AM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Coco Mats is sending everyone a 20% Off Codes for their mats and a Certificate for a Free 2 Piece Set of Mats.

As shown below, in a Willow Green 914 the Black and Natural CocoMats look pretty sharp.

I think a new set of mats would certainly make someone's car a little nicer.

Attached Image

Unless you are "short finger Jim". Yea there is a story there you have to ask Flanagan about. It is not what you might think.
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 29 2016, 12:21 PM
Post #130

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

I'm out, shoulder surgery Wednesday, no driving for the first 3 weeks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 29 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 29 2016, 10:21 AM) *

I'm out, shoulder surgery Wednesday, no driving for the first 3 weeks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Sorry to hear!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 29 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

Would like to welcome another new sponsor!

Awesome Powdercoat will be sending some products for you and hopefully offering some powder coating discounts!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 29 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

I have it that Mark Whitsell will be attending Okteenerfest this year. What a great chance to meet someone that has really put it out there for 914 owners.

And I hear he is bringing some really cool stuff!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 30 2016, 07:32 AM
Post #134

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 26 2016, 08:31 PM) *

If I had their digital cylinder head temperature gauge I bet I would not be swapping cracked heads!

Oh yea, Scott said they are sending one of the gauges as a prize for the event! I purchased one of these (yes Bob and Steve I have a receipt) that you can see work at the event! This likely could have saved my head.

Well got the CHT installed. Really straightforward install. One of the few things that I have purchased that was exactly as it was advertised. Seems to work great. Quick drive and head temps below 350F.

Attached Image

Looks good too!

how hard would It be to put a head temp sensor in with out pulling motor or tin? I would like to monitor that with the new oil cooler that Tangerine put on for me, and my oil temps are good- any advice on how to do that?
BTW it was good to see there was some support from CoCo mats for our group!! I love mine and will be getting my front trunk pad done soon - I just sent in the template to have them make one that matches my floor mats - hope to have it by OKteenerfest!!

curious what heads you ended up putting in too - I cant believe you got all that done so fast!!!

Philip W.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 30 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #135

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 30 2016, 05:32 AM) *

Looks good too!

how hard would It be to put a head temp sensor in with out pulling motor or tin? I would like to monitor that with the new oil cooler that Tangerine put on for me, and my oil temps are good- any advice on how to do that?
BTW it was good to see there was some support from CoCo mats for our group!! I love mine and will be getting my front trunk pad done soon - I just sent in the template to have them make one that matches my floor mats - hope to have it by OKteenerfest!!

curious what heads you ended up putting in too - I cant believe you got all that done so fast!!!

Philip W.

It was super easy on the install. I know some people cut a notch for the sender on the head but his was super easy to bend a small angle in the ring and have it fit nicely.

The only issue I had was that the ring was a bit small for the plug and I had to open it a bit to allow the spark plug to turn freely inside the ring so the sensor would clear everything.

To be honest it was one of the most straight forward installs ever! I have to be honest, I was not sure of what the quality of the leads would be so I ordered an extra. After getting it I think I was a bit to skeptical because these leads are built like a tank!

I have been watching this closely and my head temps are still getting a bit high. So I have reduced the timing and richen up the mixture. While doing this it became apparent that my AF gauge may not have been reading correctly on the mixture. Ordered a new O2 sensor so I can confirm this. But the oil temps were fine and it never pinged. Without the CHT I may have kept driving and cracked more heads! So already this is money well spent.

I went with standard 2.0 heads with big valves. Pretty easy swap. What took so much time was the little things you have to do. Had accumulated a number of items to install at next engine drop like plated fuel rails from Bruce Stone, rear shift cover from 914 Rubber, and things like the CHT.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 30 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #136

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 30 2016, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 30 2016, 05:32 AM) *

Looks good too!

Philip W.

It was super easy on the install. I know some people cut a notch for the sender on the head but his was super easy to bend a small angle in the ring and have it fit nicely.

The only issue I had was that the ring was a bit small for the plug and I had to open it a bit to allow the spark plug to turn freely inside the ring so the sensor would clear everything.

To be honest it was one of the most straight forward installs ever! I have to be honest, I was not sure of what the quality of the leads would be so I ordered an extra. After getting it I think I was a bit to skeptical because these leads are built like a tank!

I have been watching this closely and my head temps are still getting a bit high. So I have reduced the timing and richen up the mixture. While doing this it became apparent that my AF gauge may not have been reading correctly on the mixture. Ordered a new O2 sensor so I can confirm this. But the oil temps were fine and it never pinged. Without the CHT I may have kept driving and cracked more heads! So already this is money well spent.

I went with standard 2.0 heads with big valves. Pretty easy swap. What took so much time was the little things you have to do. Had accumulated a number of items to install at next engine drop like plated fuel rails from Bruce Stone, rear shift cover from 914 Rubber, and things like the CHT.

good to know, I may do this before the trip. had not thought that my o2 sensor might not be reading correctly. to have a head temp (#3 spark plug location?) is a good idea on these 2.0 motors, I still feel like my timing is not perfect and if too advanced may increase running temps. im not sure my distributor may be a bit worn, I have another rebuilt unit and the advance plate slides nicely, I may swap them and retime to see how it goes. too bad I cant get the discount if I order before the trip rather than afterward.,
-either way, this needs to happen!!!
btw, where is your A/f reading on warm idle, and on acceleration/full load vs cruise(part load)?

o.k, that was slightly O.T. - anyone eles getting excited about this trip??
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 30 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Well here is another huge value for those of you that want to take a real step forward in your front sway bar set up. Tarett is providing someone with a 50% off deal for sweet sway bay set up!

I would certainly replace my stock bar with this and the discount makes it very reasonable.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 30 2016, 03:28 PM
Post #138

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

just over 3 weeks!!!
Nadine and I will be doing our final scouting run for the route on Saturday...

And just a little a reminder of what's in store and just ONE ROAD we'll be on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiQUREOo4VU
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 30 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #139

Advanced Member

A bit staggered to come home and find this waiting on me.

Attached Image

Willam Wright from SK Hand Tools sent a few things.

Also was even more overwhelmed to open a bit X to find a complete metric X-Frame wrench set in addition to the promised 10mm wrenches.

Attached Image

Attached Image
This is some awesome kit! SK knows how to hook you up!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 30 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #140

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

Nice!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:18 AM