Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2016: September 22-25, 2016, Great weather, roads, and people. See you in 2017.
Cracker
post Sep 20 2016, 05:26 AM
Post #281

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

My daughter and I will be but were pulling in a trailer...not as fun to follow or lead. You are welcome to join us if you'd like - PM if interested.

Tony

QUOTE(db9146 @ Sep 19 2016, 10:46 PM) *

Who's cruisin' up from Atlanta Thursday morning?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 20 2016, 05:28 AM
Post #282

Advanced Member

Looks great! What (but) the hell is the difference between Custom, Modified and Heritage (I've never seen a "stock" car but know what it is)?

Tony

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 19 2016, 11:07 PM) *

Also made up some signs to mark the car show categories...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 20 2016, 05:29 AM
Post #283

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

One of the shop guys and I stayed up till midnight installing the oil lines, fuel lines, fuel pump, renn shift linkage, headers, dme harness, accelerator linkage and other assorted parts. Today we will finish the brakes, wires, exhaust, fill fluids and hope the car starts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) install interior. drive a bit on Wed, change oil then head down on Thursday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 20 2016, 05:38 AM
Post #284

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 20 2016, 07:28 AM) *

Looks great! What (but) the hell is the difference between Custom, Modified and Heritage (I've never seen a "stock" car but know what it is)?

Tony

Tony, had you actually READ the registration form when you signed up, you would know!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Stock – as delivered from the factory. No personalization.* Restoration is fine as long as it’s back to the original spec.
Custom – customizing for personal taste (interior, wheel updates, 5 lug conversion, external change color, remove sail panel vinyl, etc)
Modified – major changes (engine, fender flares, -6 conversion, full repaint, etc)

Heritage is the special class for this year - we selected 1 car from each year to represent that model year, plus a -6, Creamsicle and Bumblebee to round out the representation of the 914 models.

* minor customization such as floor mats, window or bumper stickers, etc is allowed.
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 20 2016, 05:51 AM
Post #285

Advanced Member

Oh crap! Put me down (change) for "Heritage" as a bumblebee thingie...I'll add a few stripes to the car tomorrow night - but I want to also add a stinger. Will the stinger put me into the Heritage/Custom? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

No answer needed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Tony

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 20 2016, 07:38 AM) *

Tony

Tony, had you actually READ the registration form when you signed up, you would know!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Stock – as delivered from the factory. No personalization.* Restoration is fine as long as it’s back to the original spec.
Custom – customizing for personal taste (interior, wheel updates, 5 lug conversion, external change color, remove sail panel vinyl, etc)
Modified – major changes (engine, fender flares, -6 conversion, full repaint, etc)

Heritage is the special class for this year - we selected 1 car from each year to represent that model year, plus a -6, Creamsicle and Bumblebee to round out the representation of the 914 models.

* minor customization such as floor mats, window or bumper stickers, etc is allowed.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 20 2016, 06:03 AM
Post #286

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 20 2016, 07:51 AM) *

Oh crap! Put me down (change) for "Heritage" as a bumblebee thingie...I'll add a few stripes to the car tomorrow night - but I want to also add a stinger. Will the stinger put me into the Heritage/Custom? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Tony

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 20 2016, 07:38 AM) *

Tony

Then last couple of years there have been people that listed their cars as stock but had wheel mods-aftermarket, and other parts that are aftermarket such as radio and speaker pods, and while they are removable , in my mind its not "Stock".
Lets make sure they are stock, and yes, that may mean there are only 10 cars or less out of 75 that qualify.. but thems the breaks! IMHO........

and I amd at this point not stock either , I fall under the modified class with 5-lug conversion, steering wheel change, etc. - could I make those changes back to stock- yes, but im not a concourse guy, - but I do like to see what a proper factory stock car is - I have a '65 ford galaxy that is exactly how it rolled off the sales floor when my uncle bought it - that's Stock. --- I'm betting 80% of the cars are custom, 19% modified or heavily modified, and 1or 2% truly stock.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 20 2016, 06:10 AM
Post #287

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 20 2016, 07:51 AM) *

Tony

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

I needed that laugh!! You made my day Tony!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 20 2016, 06:11 AM
Post #288

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2016, 07:29 AM) *

One of the shop guys and I stayed up till midnight installing the oil lines, fuel lines, fuel pump, renn shift linkage, headers, dme harness, accelerator linkage and other assorted parts. Today we will finish the brakes, wires, exhaust, fill fluids and hope the car starts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) install interior. drive a bit on Wed, change oil then head down on Thursday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Mark, it will be amazing if you can get all of that done in time to get the car there Thursday -2 but where are the pictures??
hope we see the car there! I ran out of time and money and decided to wait so the copper car did not get repainted, I would not have made it , so im driving like it is but I will be there!
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 20 2016, 06:17 AM
Post #289

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 20 2016, 08:03 AM) *

Then last couple of years there have been people that listed their cars as stock but had wheel mods-aftermarket, and other parts that are aftermarket such as radio and speaker pods, and while they are removable , in my mind its not "Stock".
Lets make sure they are stock, and yes, that may mean there are only 10 cars or less out of 75 that qualify.. but thems the breaks! IMHO........

and I amd at this point not stock either , I fall under the modified class with 5-lug conversion, steering wheel change, etc. - could I make those changes back to stock- yes, but im not a concourse guy, - but I do like to see what a proper factory stock car is - I have a '65 ford galaxy that is exactly how it rolled off the sales floor when my uncle bought it - that's Stock. --- I'm betting 80% of the cars are custom, 19% modified or heavily modified, and 1or 2% truly stock.

Phil
I totally agree, but it's very difficult to determine class by what people tell us...which is all we can go on.
We will be confirming with everyone at registration that they are in the right class - if they are not, they will be changed.

Tony is now in the new PITA class - which will be displayed somewhere behind a dumpster down the street!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 20 2016, 06:36 AM
Post #290

Advanced Member

...as long as it is paved it is fine by me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

T

[quote name='naro914' date='Sep 20 2016, 08:17 AM' post='2400782'
Tony is now in the new PITA class - which will be displayed somewhere behind a dumpster down the street!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
[/quote]
+Quote Post
bahnzai
post Sep 20 2016, 06:44 AM
Post #291

Member No.: 6,509

Mark, your dedication at burning the midnight encourages the rest of us to not quit, but git'r-done and be there at whatever stage of completion we make it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Good luck today!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 20 2016, 06:49 AM
Post #292

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 20 2016, 08:17 AM) *

Phil
I totally agree, but it's very difficult to determine class by what people tell us...which is all we can go on.
We will be confirming with everyone at registration that they are in the right class - if they are not, they will be changed.

We need a new class for cars like Tony's call it Super-Mod!! I cant wait to see it, I enjoy seeing all amazing craftsmanship of the modified cars in person!!
- I just put that out there because it has not been talked about much , so thought I'd bring it up- you have layed it out but, people don't read......or forget -- , but in the end just there to enjoy the company!!! see ya'all in a few days!

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 20 2016, 06:53 AM
Post #293

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 20 2016, 04:17 AM) *

Phil

Bob is a bit detailed oriented. The first year he made my carbed 2056, with rear spoiler, fiberglass rockers, aftermarket Riveria wheels, and radio with a CD player go into modified. You would think a few minor mods would be acceptable? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 20 2016, 07:19 AM
Post #294

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 20 2016, 08:53 AM) *

Phil

Bob is a bit detailed oriented. The first year he made my carbed 2056, with rear spoiler, fiberglass rockers, aftermarket Riveria wheels, and radio with a CD player go into modified. You would think a few minor mods would be acceptable? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

mike, I agree I would put that custom too- but since you are featuring the STOCK cars this year - I would expect a fairly strict classification for stock - I would think modified would be major body and or motor modifications-
If I had my 4 lug wheels still, and put a stock steering wheel in the car I would be stock -
my thought on the subject is that if it was ordered that way from the factory or was a dealer offered option it should be stock, otherwise its custom - AND if your car came bone stock and not with and appearance group but you added a center console, then its not stock anymore its now custom too. Too strict? I don't think so - Carbs were not stock, nor available from the factory on a /4 - again IMHO - im not saying it has to be concourse but if you have mustang mirrors its been customized------- not stock - I took the radio out- and I might eventually take my car completely back to stock since it is rare color, has the appearance group , 2.0 etc but hey, I like the look of some of the basic mods I have and a really like the 5 lug real Fuchs so it disqualifies me from stock, oh well, im not there to win a trophy, so not really trying to cause division, - what every you guys want to do, just my 2cents worth-
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 20 2016, 07:29 AM
Post #295

Losing my mind...

Phil

Ummm… Not true Mike :-) if I remember correctly you actually win custom class trophy that year. There were only four cars in modified including Huey… And we ended up fourth!

In reality, the first year the car show was an afterthought, the event was supposed to be all about the drive and socializing. Each year we fine-tune what we do for the show now, and figure out better ways to do it. One of these days we'll get it right I guess
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 20 2016, 07:36 AM
Post #296

Losing my mind...

And btw, I don't make the classifications myself. Steven and I go through every single car registered and "guess" at a class based on what each of you described when registering. Do we get it wrong? Yup, but honestly with all the other things we have to do to make this event happen, that's the least of my worries...
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 20 2016, 07:58 AM
Post #297

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 20 2016, 09:36 AM) *

And btw, I don't make the classifications myself. Steven and I go through every single car registered and "guess" at a class based on what each of you described when registering. Do we get it wrong? Yup, but honestly with all the other things we have to do to make this event happen, that's the least of my worries...

Yep, it really is the least of worries its not about a show or competition -
I agree, and I apologize if I put you on the defensive - I do think you already do "Have it right"!!! this is an awesome outing and all your efforts for organizing this - that's all of you is really amazing and you are right, it is more about the socializing, driving enjoying the company of others that enjoy these cars as much as we do---- I posted those comments just as a discussion about for others, not for you and I didn't mean to imply that you needed to do anything different or were doing it wrong - it was awesome the past 2 years and looks like this year we be even better -Thanks for all your hard work to make this happen!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 20 2016, 08:27 AM
Post #298

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 20 2016, 05:29 AM) *

Phil

Ummm… Not true Mike :-) if I remember correctly you actually win custom class trophy that year. There were only four cars in modified including Huey… And we ended up fourth!

In reality, the first year the car show was an afterthought, the event was supposed to be all about the drive and socializing. Each year we fine-tune what we do for the show now, and figure out better ways to do it. One of these days we'll get it right I guess

True. just giving you grief. it is a difficult task.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 20 2016, 09:41 AM
Post #299

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 20 2016, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 20 2016, 09:36 AM) *

Yep, it really is the least of worries its not about a show or competition -
I agree, and I apologize if I put you on the defensive - I do think you already do "Have it right"!!! this is an awesome outing and all your efforts for organizing this - that's all of you is really amazing and you are right, it is more about the socializing, driving enjoying the company of others that enjoy these cars as much as we do---- I posted those comments just as a discussion about for others, not for you and I didn't mean to imply that you needed to do anything different or were doing it wrong - it was awesome the past 2 years and looks like this year we be even better -Thanks for all your hard work to make this happen!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Sorry Phil, didn't mean to sound defensive at all... Sometimes tough to type on a phone and get the meaning across. We are always open to suggestions on how to make it better!! And always looking for help to execute on it ;-)
When we first started this, we had maybe 30 cars? Now we have twice that!!! Sometimes I think Nadine and I make things too hard in ourselves (Steve, Mike and Bill can probably attest to that!! )

Here's the thing...I personally am not a car show/concours guy. I'm a driver. Cars are meant to be driven to their abilities, not parked and judged. Heck I washed Huey this past weekend and I think it's the first time this year!!!

Anyway, enough serious stuff...really looking forward to seeing everyone later this week!!
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Sep 20 2016, 01:14 PM
Post #300

Member No.: 19,809
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Mine needs reclassified also, but it doesn't matter. It will be in the "jackstand" class. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

Problems at my resto shop will mean it isn't making the trip. Guess I will have to drive the 997.2 911 Carrera S at the back of the pack in shame.
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:26 PM