Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2016: September 22-25, 2016, Great weather, roads, and people. See you in 2017.
mgp4591
post Jul 23 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #61

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I just registered (yeah, from Utah!) but for the life of me I can't find where to send my payment... probably the prescription drugs...
And no, I'm not bringing my car so I'll be looking for a seat!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Jul 23 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #62

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jul 23 2016, 04:59 PM) *
I just registered (yeah, from Utah!) but for the life of me I can't find where to send my payment... probably the prescription drugs...

It's exciting to see folks from the other side of the country signing up to attend Okteenerfest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) The previous distance record was Clay and Betty Perrine driving 1100 miles one way each in their own 914! This year, not only are the Perrines returning, but we have attendees travelling from Utah and California!

You should have received an email that contains the information on where to send payment. Let us know if you did not get that. Perhaps check your spam folder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 23 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #63

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Please submit your payment in the amount of 75.00. Make check or money order payable to BOB SAVILLE and send to:

4627 Andrew James Dr
Charlotte NC 28216
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 24 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

I don't always remove the heat exchangers when setting the valves but man does it make the job much easier. What. Are you doing to prepare for Okteenerfest?Attached Image
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 28 2016, 06:36 AM
Post #65

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

What am I doing to prepare for Okteenerfest? I am NOT racing Huey the weekend before! This way, HOPEFULLY nothing breaks and we can actually bring him... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jul 28 2016, 07:01 AM
Post #66

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 24 2016, 06:36 PM) *

I don't always remove the heat exchangers when setting the valves but man does it make the job much easier. What. Are you doing to prepare for Okteenerfest?Attached Image

well, I sent in my registration fees, and once a week I bug Chris Foley to check on rust repair progress on my car, still hoping to bring it home next month so I can get it ready for the trip- lots to do though cause I will have to strip it down for paint and reassemble - hoping I can get all that done in a month!!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 30 2016, 06:46 AM
Post #67

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 23 2016, 04:30 PM) *

It's exciting to see folks from the other side of the country signing up to attend Okteenerfest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) The previous distance record was Clay and Betty Perrine driving 1100 miles one way each in their own 914! This year, not only are the Perrines returning, but we have attendees travelling from Utah and California!

You should have received an email that contains the information on where to send payment. Let us know if you did not get that. Perhaps check your spam folder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

This year we are only bringing one 914. Not because we are wimping out, but mine is down for the engine/transmission replacement.

See Y'all there.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 2 2016, 07:35 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Nice little write up by StuttgartDNA!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 6 2016, 02:00 PM
Post #69

T4 Supercharged

We now have 90 registered attendees (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
So many new faces to meet along with their 914s. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Have you registered yet?

+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 11 2016, 11:06 AM
Post #70

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Just a reminder: there are only a handful of rooms left in our block of held rooms for Okteenerfest, so if you're planning on going, register and get your room.

Also, any rooms that are left in our block will be released into general inventory on AUGUST 22. That's a little over a week away!

HOWEVER, PLEASE do not reserve a room unless you are REGISTERED for the event. Last year they sold out of our rooms so some people decided not to register, only to find out that some of the rooms that were reserved were cancelled at the last minute because those people holding the rooms did not register for the event and never came...

Also, for those of you that cancelled your registration - please contact the hotel and cancel your room...

thank you!!
+Quote Post
Vysoc
post Aug 11 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #71

Vysoc

Member No.: 10,737

Clay,

Two years ago, I got in line with 4 914-6's leaving Fontana Dam and heading to Robbinsville, I believe for lunch. The sixes were gone and it was all I could do in my 2.0 4 to try and catch them (Bob in Huey, Bill Dunster, Clay and another). Your wife was behind me and she can really wheel a car, it was also all I could do to stay out of her way. She can really drive her 914!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
It was a great event in 2014 & an even better event in 2015, looking forward to returning in 2017 with 2 more cylinders and 105 more horses.

Have a great event this year!!!

Vysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 11 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #72

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 11 2016, 02:59 PM) *

Clay,

Two years ago, I got in line with 4 914-6's leaving Fontana Dam and heading to Robbinsville, I believe for lunch. The sixes were gone and it was all I could do in my 2.0 4 to try and catch them (Bob in Huey, Bill Dunster, Clay and another). Your wife was behind me and she can really wheel a car, it was also all I could do to stay out of her way. She can really drive her 914!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
It was a great event in 2014 & an even better event in 2015, looking forward to returning in 2017 with 2 more cylinders and 105 more horses.

Thanks!

Yup... that girl can make a 914 dance. She has been driving like that since before I met her in 1985. She was running mid pack at SCCA autocrosses with hard 165/15 tires and a bone stock 1.8L running on 3 cylinders due to a clogged injector. We started dating and I fixed that all stuff. Plus we added a set of stock sway bars. That jumped her into the top three on a regular basis. We found out later that the other two guys were having to cheat just to stay in front of her. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

I just keep making her 914 faster, and she puts it to good use. After 30 years, she is still able to keep up with me in the twisties, I just use the six to pull away on the straight sections. At Porsche Parade in 2004, I made the comment "I have been chasing her tail for almost 20 years, and I still haven't caught it yet". That small bit of truth got lots of laughs.

For 2017, I am going to bring my 914-6 with the 4.0 engine. So you may still have problems keeping up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 11 2016, 05:57 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 11 2016, 01:01 PM) *

Clay,

Thanks!

Yup... that girl can make a 914 dance. She has been driving like that since before I met her in 1985. She was running mid pack at SCCA autocrosses with hard 165/15 tires and a bone stock 1.8L running on 3 cylinders due to a clogged injector. We started dating and I fixed that all stuff. Plus we added a set of stock sway bars. That jumped her into the top three on a regular basis. We found out later that the other two guys were having to cheat just to stay in front of her. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

I just keep making her 914 faster, and she puts it to good use. After 30 years, she is still able to keep up with me in the twisties, I just use the six to pull away on the straight sections. At Porsche Parade in 2004, I made the comment "I have been chasing her tail for almost 20 years, and I still haven't caught it yet". That small bit of truth got lots of laughs.

For 2017, I am going to bring my 914-6 with the 4.0 engine. So you may still have problems keeping up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I was behind her for a bit but never got close enough to even see tail!
+Quote Post
Betty
post Aug 11 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #74

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

... Your wife was behind me and she can really wheel a car, it was also all I could do to stay out of her way. She can really drive her 914!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

I wasn't honking the horn at you so you must not have been holding me up tooooo much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Betty
post Aug 11 2016, 08:42 PM
Post #75

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

[/quote]
I was behind her for a bit but never got close enough to even see tail!
[/quote]

I say all of us little fours manage to line up behind the big horsepower cars and start honking at them because they're holding us up.... while we're all sitting still waiting to roll out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 12 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

So it begins! Boxes begin to pile up from our sponsors!

As far as you know all of this will be given away!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 12 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Our good friend Charles from Bosch has provided some awesome stuff! More details to follow. But if you would like to run some awesome Bosch plugs for the drive we are looking at options for installing them before the drive. PM me if you have an interest.
+Quote Post
Wdunster
post Aug 16 2016, 06:23 AM
Post #78

Panel beater

Member No.: 17,469

Ali and I have ran both morning and afternoon routes. Once again Bob and Nadine have put together an Awesome (the awesome is for Nadine) drive. There is a good mix of twistie's and beautiful views. Can't wait to see everyone!
Bill (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Oh, by he way the Hotel said we are a lot more fun than the Sharks in the mountains group(928's) and they love having us there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 16 2016, 06:42 AM
Post #79

T4 Supercharged

Hey, Bill...

Remind me not to drive behind you this year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
rmdinmd
post Aug 16 2016, 07:19 AM
Post #80

Member No.: 16,585

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 16 2016, 08:42 AM) *

Hey, Bill...

Remind me not to drive behind you this year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

wonder why (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 10:02 AM