Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Concert Tonight!, The Starting Line
Spoke
post Apr 3 2005, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

It's rained here for the last 24 hours. It's cold out (35F). But I'm in good spirits as I'm going to a concert tonight. My kids are into a punk rock band out of Philly called "The Starting Line". They're playing in a small club, "The Silo" in Reading PA.

The Starting Line

We've seen these guys twice already. Once at the Electric Factory in Philly and once at the Starland Ballroom in Sayresville, NJ. They definitely rock.

I'm the chaparone for my 2 teenage daughters and their 2 friends. I don't mind since the 3 places we've seen concerts at are small clubs (<1000 people), most don't allow smoking, and best of all, have a bar area for those of us over 21 to have some cocktails. I sit at the bar while the kids mosh. I like the music that they listen to but no way would I want to get into the mosh pit. Sorry, but moshing is nuts. I can usually see them in the crowd so I know they're ok. We keep in touch between bands via cell phones.

They've dragged me to a few concerts lately (The Starting Line, The Early November, New Found Glory, Dashboard Confessional, The Matches, Yellowcard). I haven't been to this many concerts since the years after I was out of high school when my buddies and I saw Kansas, Lynryd Skynyrd, The Outlaws, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Charlie Daniels Band, ZZ Top, Steve Miller Band, Heart, and The Marshall Tucker Band, all in Pittsburgh.

BTW, here's some pics from yesterdays trip to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC. The last pic is my new hood crest.

Spoke

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 3 2005, 08:28 AM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Dude! Your a cool Dad! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)

purevolume is the site my son Kyle uses to post their music.
+Quote Post
ben1440
post Apr 3 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,688

i will have to agree about the starting line. it took me a while to warm up to them, but after seeing them a few times they are definitely an awsome band to see. HAVE FUn!
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Apr 4 2005, 09:00 AM
Post #4

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Saw The Starting Line last night at the Silo in Reading. Fantastic show. Small venue; the 500 or so people filled the floor and still had plenty of room on the 2nd floor where I was sitting. My seat on the balcony was about 30 feet from the stage. Probably the best seats that I have ever had for a concert. The Bar was closed although, no cocktails. That really sucked. The kids were front and center against the stage. No area between the stage and the crowd for the bouncers so the kids rested their elbows on the stage itself.

At the end, the main singer, Kenny, jumped into the crowd to crowd surf, but he caught the fans by surprise and ended up on the ground, microphone in hand, still singing. My daughter and her friend helped him back on the stage.

I was sitting directly above the sound engineers and I could see the playlist. At the end I thought I'd ask the engineers for a playlist but they had given them away. The one engineer said he could get me one from the stage so he ran to the stage and pulled the one off of the amps that the band was using. That was real cool. My daughter couldn't believe that I got the playlist.

Spoke
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Apr 4 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #5

Small Member

Member No.: 633

Spoke - That is awesome that you support their interests like that. I am jealous! Kudos.

Mr Rick -
Turn your kiddos onto garageband.com - it's a pretty neat place to not only get your music reviewed by other musicians, but can really boost CD sales.
We did pretty well (hit number 1 in our genere), but more importantly, we sold over 1000 cd's, and they were to folks all over the world. Here is our old link:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/exit232/songs
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:06 PM