Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> electrical gremlin issue
orbit398
post May 18 2016, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,681
Region Association: Southwest Region

Have a 74 model. Just about done with the restoration project and have an electrical gremlin issue going on. Just starting to drive the car around and really liking it. So it’s all new to me at this point.

Sometimes everything works just like it supposed to (all gauges, blinders, lights etc). And then, the next time I go for a drive, I have issues.

Symptoms: When there are issues - I start the car and the voltage gauge reads nothing, the red voltage light is on in the dash indicating there is a charging issue. Also, the blinkers don't work. If I turn on the blinkers, the rpm gauge and fuel gauge needles pulsate/drop each time the blinkers try to come on. The blinkers really don’t come on, but it seems that each time the gauges needles drop a bit, it’d be when the blinkers are supposed to come on, if you know what I mean.

So- what the heck is going on. Faulty Blinker relay or Voltage Regulator?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:50 PM