Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evilbay
Verruckt
post Apr 3 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,348

What is it with people? Why is it that every other car on ebay, they are "selling it for a friend". Is this some magical statement that excuses them from any liability for lying their asses off about the car? Maybe I need to read the ebay disclaimer... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

/rant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
c12croft
post Apr 3 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,331

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) [/B]How true is that!
It seems that selling for a friend, especially for these older, unregistered, non-titled cars, absolves the seller from answering the revealing questions.
Since most buyers in the 914 market are unlikely to be personally inspecting the cars, they must rely on the auction info.
Why shouldn't the seller make it easier for themselves, just simply play dumb!
OR, Maybe the reason that the owner is having a friend sell it is because they're too ashamed of their buckets to do it them selves.
NO SABE' AMIGO
+Quote Post
Verruckt
post Apr 3 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Oh absolutely. My favorite is the "it has no rust" statements. Then they send you the picture of the glass & bondo job on longs. Apparently if you cant "see" the rust, then there is none... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

I'm on a savings plan. I think this summer I'm just going to get some connections together and fly out to California or the southwest this summer and find something. I'm so sick of the whole runaround while looking for a buildable teener.
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Apr 3 2005, 02:48 PM
Post #4

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

If you deside to come to So Cal just put up a post that you want to come and look for a car and you find that we will give you a lot of help.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) Joe
+Quote Post
Verruckt
post Apr 3 2005, 05:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Apr 3 2005, 02:48 PM)
If you deside to come to So Cal just put up a post that you want to come and look for a car and you find that we will give you a lot of help.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) Joe

Thats not a bad idea. I was thinking of renting a beater and making the rounds to a few things I have located ahead of time. Will definitely do that. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Carlitos Way
post Apr 4 2005, 08:57 AM
Post #6

I did it MY WAY

Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

Or you could have come to the WCC... probably will be a few for sale there.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #7

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have an EvilBay one for you guys, this one reeeeeealy pissed me off:

I put up my steel AA GT flares on EvilBay for $875, reserve of $850. I WILL get another set and put them on. Something has come up and the wife and I need to pool funds together ASAP. Hence my six project is on hold even for the time being. ANYWAY, the same day I put it up, someone used the buy-it-now for $875. Cool, figured they would go fast.

EvilBay user ID +0+ that's "Zero" feedback. F$%*K, so I try to send an invoice, "No longer a registered user! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

What they hell is it with people?!?!

There is more, let me find the e-mail I recieved. Maybe you guys can help me decide what the hell is going on? I don't know if i should relist for another $13 or trust this guy? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #8

Village Idiot

Here is the e-mail I recieved from the "Buyer". Scam?

Hello,
Thanks for your email in which you accepted the offer to sell your item to my client.I am particularly impressed by the prompt attention accorded the matter considering the need for us to conclude the deal in a timely manner. Towards concluding the entire deal and issuance of the cashier check OR money order so i will like to let you that the check which my client will be issued is going to contain three different payment

1,your item money.

2,shipping company that will come to pick your item from your door to his destination you should not need to worried the shipping company will come to pick up the item.

3,My commission as gent wich i will recieve through shipping company.

i think you understand this very well, when you recieve check, you will need to cashed it, then you will deducted your item money from the money, and you will wire the remaining money to the shipping companny through western union or money gram i will like to ask you if you accept all this, if yes get back to me with your full poster address and the name you want the check to be mail to, and i want your quickly respond if you have any question.
thank you.
regard..........

There is more, I sent him a reply to which he sent me this:
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #9

Village Idiot

My response was something like:

"Okay, I will give this a try. Money must be in US funds blah blah etc." You get the point. He sent this back:

Hello,
how are you doing,but before your payment can be sent to you my client told me that i should ask you some question and this question must anwser bfore issued the check out .

1, can i trust you with money ?
2, can you get the chcek cashed when you recieve it?
3, after you have cashed the check and you deduct your money can you wire the remaining money to the shipping company address which will be attached with the check?

so all this question must be answer before the payment can be issue out, please i want your respond very urgent so that the check will be sent tomorrow monday.
thak you.
regard.....................

So what the hell is up with this guys? Help me out here, anybody seen anything like this before.

Oh, the Zero no longer registered buyer is fron Canada. So did he do this and hire a 3rd party to ship the flares to avoid taxes(duties)?

It sounds fishy, but he hasn't asked for anything more than an address to mail the check to. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Apr 4 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #10

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

If he wants you to ship to Nigeria, run!! Run very fast!!
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Apr 4 2005, 09:38 AM
Post #11

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

There is no duty on auto parts made in the USA going to Canada.

Sounds like a scam. He could have been in Nigeria and said he was in Canada when he registered with Ebay.

Unless the cheque is from a real bank/credit union you could be SOL.....also your bank could charge you up to $50 for cashing the cheque (this is due to the difference in banking systems between Canada & the USA). Tell him to send a Canada Postal money order in US funds. You can cash it at any post office.

Where did he want you to ship them to?
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #12

Village Idiot

QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Apr 4 2005, 07:35 AM)
If he wants you to ship to Nigeria, run!! Run very fast!!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

I thought the same thing. Nah, not one of those (I don't think anway) since he is wanting to ship them to Canada.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #13

Village Idiot

QUOTE (GWN7 @ Apr 4 2005, 07:38 AM)
There is no duty on auto parts made in the USA going to Canada.

Sounds like a scam. He could have been in Nigeria and said he was in Canada when he registered with Ebay.

Unless the cheque is from a real bank/credit union you could be SOL.....also your bank could charge you up to $50 for cashing the cheque (this is due to the difference in banking systems between Canada & the USA). Tell him to send a Canada Postal money order in US funds. You can cash it at any post office.

Thanks Bruce, that is good advise. This whole thing makes me nervous. Maybe I should just bag it?
+Quote Post
stags14
post Apr 4 2005, 09:46 AM
Post #14

Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep!!!

Member No.: 3,653

QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Apr 4 2005, 10:29 AM)
So what the hell is up with this guys? Help me out here, anybody seen anything like this before.

Oh, the Zero no longer registered buyer is fron Canada. So did he do this and hire a 3rd party to ship the flares to avoid taxes(duties)?

It sounds fishy, but he hasn't asked for anything more than an address to mail the check to. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

RUN AWAY FROM THIS GUY!!!

FRAUD ALERT _ FRAUD ALERT!!!

+Quote Post
GWN7
post Apr 4 2005, 09:49 AM
Post #15

King of Road Trips

You could ask Ebay why he is no longer registered? If they deregistered him you might not have to pay the relisting fees (if you have to relist them).

Where did he want them shipped? PM me the info and I'll see what I can find out for you.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #16

Village Idiot

I sent him another reply, told him to bag it, zero feedback, no longer an active user on eBay not going through eBay.

Yeah, I should know better, just run.

Pisses me off that he basically canceled my auction and cost me $13.

Fuck this eBay/paypal stuff anymore. I think I have had it. I'll just keep and install the flares. $900 isn't that hard to come up with. I don't need the money that bad.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 10:04 AM
Post #17

Village Idiot

QUOTE (GWN7 @ Apr 4 2005, 07:49 AM)
You could ask Ebay why he is no longer registered? If they deregistered him you might not have to pay the relisting fees (if you have to relist them).

Where did he want them shipped? PM me the info and I'll see what I can find out for you.

The eBay item # is:

Feel free to poke around all you like. Courious to see if anyone can find out anything about it?
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Apr 4 2005, 10:06 AM
Post #18

King of Road Trips

I'd still ask ebay why his account is closed? They will expect you to pay them there commission unless they canceled his account. Why give Ebay $13 for nothing?
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 10:15 AM
Post #19

Village Idiot

I just got another e-mail from the guy after saying "Bag it":

Hello,
i really understnd you but, i want you to know that the check will be issued out for you today, and i will like you to sell this item for my client, so i will like to hear from you
thank you,
regard.............

VERY broken English. This sounds SO wierd! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
chilli
post Apr 4 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #20

Older Than Dirt :-)

Member No.: 3,805

QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Apr 4 2005, 07:26 AM)
Here is the e-mail I recieved from the "Buyer". Scam?

<snip>
Hello,
Thanks for your email in which you accepted the offer to sell your item to my client.I am particularly impressed by the prompt attention accorded the matter considering the need for us to conclude the deal in a timely manner. Towards concluding the entire deal and issuance of the cashier check OR money order so i will like to let you that the check which my client will be issued is going to contain three different payment

1,your item money.

2,shipping company that will come to pick your item from your door to his destination you should not need to worried the shipping company will come to pick up the item.

3,My commission as gent wich i will recieve through shipping company.

i think you understand this very well, when you recieve check, you will need to cashed it, then you will deducted your item money from the money, and you will wire the remaining money to the shipping companny through western union or money gram i will like to ask you if you accept all this, if yes get back to me with your full poster address and the name you want the check to be mail to, and i want your quickly respond if you have any question.
thank you.
regard..........

<snip>

There is more, I sent him a reply to which he sent me this:

Had one of these and told him that his money order or cashiers check had to be received by three days and car would not be released until the money order or check cleared the bank.

The ones I like are the ones that ask you to send them back the difference on the over pay because of the funds oeed by buyer shipper etc.

I got one on a very good looking amerx money order -- once I called amex they said was not their's and then I sent an email back to the buyer reguesing a valid money --- no more contact. Our local police department liked what I sent them.

The latest scam is getting an email with bank logos etc. asking for account update information. I will sometimes fill them out with all kinds of CRAP like the name of F---- O--
etc.

mike (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 12:41 PM