Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evilbay
chilli
post Apr 4 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #21

Older Than Dirt :-)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,805

QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Apr 4 2005, 08:01 AM)
I sent him another reply, told him to bag it, zero feedback, no longer an active user on eBay not going through eBay.

Yeah, I should know better, just run.

Pisses me off that he basically canceled my auction and cost me $13.

Fuck this eBay/paypal stuff anymore. I think I have had it. I'll just keep and install the flares. $900 isn't that hard to come up with. I don't need the money that bad.

Question, how did the buyer cancel your item.?? As a seller I do not accept bids from anyone with zero or -1 negative feedback. You can some of the fees back through ebay non pay forms process. Takes awhile.
mike (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Apr 4 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #22

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Next time...put the price you're willing to accept and forget the "reserve". This will keep the scammers from defrauding you...but is still no guarantee that you will get paid.
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Apr 4 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #23

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Be careful. This could be a part of some ID theft too. Don't use your home address for stuff like this.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 11:11 AM
Post #24

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE (chilli @ Apr 4 2005, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Apr 4 2005, 08:01 AM)
I sent him another reply, told him to bag it, zero feedback, no longer an active user on eBay not going through eBay.

Yeah, I should know better, just run.

Pisses me off that he basically canceled my auction and cost me $13.

Fuck this eBay/paypal stuff anymore.  I think I have had it.  I'll just keep and install the flares.  $900 isn't that hard to come up with.  I don't need the money that bad.

Question, how did the buyer cancel your item.?? As a seller I do not accept bids from anyone with zero or -1 negative feedback. You can some of the fees back through ebay non pay forms process. Takes awhile.
mike (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

I sent a reply stating it would have to be a Canada Postal Money order in US funds. No repsonse yet. After reading what some of you have posted, it is becoming obviuos this is a scam.

I bet I would get a check for $1100 or so and cash it against my bank (Or at least this guy is hoping anyway), Wire him the diff from the $875 and then the bank charges back my account the $1100 for a bad check.

I just remembered a buddy of mine that went through this on a set of $1000 fuchs he sold. One guy sent him a check that he couldn't cash. I have bagged this sale at this point, just keeping the flares.

There are a lot of scammers out there for sure. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Apr 4 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #25

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

I can't believe you're even having this discussion! Google "419 scam". Maybe look on some of the other hoax oriented sites, too. This version of the Nigerian scam is so well known it has appeared in nearly every local paper in the US (and, I'm sure, most first and second world countries) and every TV "consumer help" guy in the world has gone over this numerous times. It has been on talk shows, every list I'm on on the net, and other places too numerous to mention. Where the he*l have you guys been? IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS! Ebay warns users NOT to use Western Union and other instant transfer services to protect them, not to steer them to Paypal!
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #26

Village Idiot

The E-mails reminded me of the 419 Scam thing. I get an e-mail at work from time to time. But figured maybe since this guy was from Canada (So it said) maybe he was just trying to get buy not paying something? Some sort of tax or duty or something? Either way, I never trusted it, not doing it. Thanks everyone for filling me in some things. eBay cannot control things like this. this guy was a registered eBay user for what, the 5 minutes it took him to "buy-it-now" my item.

Whatever I guess. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 4 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #27

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

what's with ebay bagging you for $13? is this part of the new fee structuring? at that rate people are going to be adding the ebay fee to their auctions. i would feel 100x more confident buying a car from the classifieds here. as for the "selling for a friend", that reads they got the car for a song from a friend and are flipping it, or the seller doesn't have the ability to setup an ebay account.

k
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #28

Village Idiot

QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 4 2005, 10:08 AM)
what's with ebay bagging you for $13? is this part of the new fee structuring? at that rate people are going to be adding the ebay fee to their auctions. i would feel 100x more confident buying a car from the classifieds here. as for the "selling for a friend", that reads they got the car for a song from a friend and are flipping it, or the seller doesn't have the ability to setup an ebay account.

k

Putting a "buy-it-now" option added like $8.75 to my listing cost. Total was around $12 and some change to list it. I am going to e-mail eBay and let them know what happened. Maybe they will cancel the fees. I won't relist with them though. Too many opportunities for things like this to happen. I don't need it or want it anymore. I have been a buyer/seller for 6 years and only done like 30 transactions if even that. NOT a big eBay fan. Just not my speed. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Apr 4 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #29

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Try www.craiglist.org - it's free.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Apr 4 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #30

Village Idiot

I filled out the eBay dispute thing, said the user was no longer active. It came back and said the listing fee would be reversed. Sort of nice to see something pretty straight forward like that actually works like you think it should. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
Toast
post Apr 4 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #31

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

I thought that this was suppose to be YOUR sale and YOUR payment terms. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

I would RUN TO THE HILLS!!!

If he cant send you they payment all in one check, and then arrange, or have you arrange, for the transportation, then I would not do the transaction.

When you do get the check, CALL THE NUMBER ON THE CHECK AND VERIFY FUNDS BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE BANK!!!

I have been throught this before. Except I DID NOT check with the bank # on the check before I deposited it. I checked after I deposited it, and found it was a FRAUD check.

My bank put many holds on my account until it got to the point that I couldn't even make a deposit or cash withdrawl!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif) I ended up having to Cancle my bank acount and move to a different bank because the would not allow me to open another account. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif)

Soooo....BE CAREFUL!!
+Quote Post
Toast
post Apr 4 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #32

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

OK, I'm slow.......... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/slap.gif)

I didn't see that ebay resolved if for you already.
Congrats. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

Good luck on your next sale.
+Quote Post
msglaigaie
post Apr 4 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #33

msglaigaie

Member No.: 3,761

I just participated in one of those "shill" exercises. I wanted a nice little harness for my batmobile and went ahead and started bidding. I zipped into play and it looked like I was going to get a nice low price. The hour was late, the bid was low, looking good. BAM. A high dollor bidder comes in. I checked his history and "what a cow-incy-dince" He and the seller had been "buyer & seller" together before. Seems as though when the bids went low they made highball bids to each other. Now this just irrittated the hell out of me. I'll go ahead and get another harness but I wish they had been a little closer to Bellingham WA last night. The bastiges, the corksoakers, the fargin iceholes. Ship, I'm on heavy medication, AND IT'S WEARIN OFF!!!
MSG L
+Quote Post
chilli
post Apr 4 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #34

quote "Where the he*l have you guys been? IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS! Ebay warns users NOT to use Western Union and other instant transfer services to protect them, not to steer them to Paypal!"

I know about this stuff. I was explaining how i played with one of these jerks. Was fun for awhile.

mike (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
chilli
post Apr 4 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Apr 4 2005, 10:19 AM)
Try www.craiglist.org - it's free.

That's were my jerk came from was craiglist. Told him check had to be here in three days and would keep item advertised as well. More flakes on craig list you do not have anything at all to go on. Also be sure if you take $100 bills you can spot a counterfeit.
mike (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Bazza
post Apr 4 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 3,661

Coming in a little late but as an ebayer with over 600 transactions and all positive feedback I earned as seller and buyer I concur that this was a SCAM bigtime. Good thing you walked, Dan.

My thoughts on selling-

Definately have a clause on big ticket items regarding conditions applying for bidders with low or negative feedback.

Use a reserve only if selling a vehicle and make it higher than you want to sell the car for. When the auction ends if reserve is met you get big bucks and if not you can contact any of the top bidders who have decent feedback and/or you feel comfortable with in communications before the auction ended to finialize the deal.

When selling parts use a starting bid at the minimum you'd want for that part. That way if you get only one bid you're happy. No need for a reserve and the extra fee eBay charges for one. Also, I've noticed more buyers bid if there's no reserve.

I also tend to take a lot of photos and make sure the item looks as good as possible. Fuzzy or bad lighting pics will not yield results as well as could be obtained. Your ad copy is directly related to your final selling price.

One last thought - I recently adopted the stipulation that all bidders outside the US use Paypal only to remit payment to me. It's not that I've had a big problem with foreign buyers but for example earlier this year a bloke in Italy sent me Euros by snail mail and I still have them uncoverted to US dollars. Over $100.00 worth!

Anyway, sorry to blabber on - the above is my opinions only YMMV and no hard feelings if they do (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 12:48 PM