Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Suspension and Setup Advice, Upgrades are done...now tuning.
914_teener
post May 21 2016, 11:01 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

Ok....so missed some of the driving rallies but finally have the car back together and on the ground again. Read through some old posts about alignment set ups ect. I have realized through the whole process that ( and remembering my dynamics in college) how the whole thing (suspension) is a dynamic system. Finally got around to driving the car after a long trip back East and a helluva work week this last week.

Here is what I have:

Tires- 205 -60's Barely fit with rolled fenders and 15 in fuch's

Front end:

Turbo tie rods- stock sway bar with adjustable drop links- Bilstein inserts.

Rear- Relatively new poly bushings- Bilstiens sports with adjustable perches and 140 lb springs.

I decided that I wanted to save the $500 in alignment costs and do it myself. Not that hard.

Here is what I got.

Front:

.125 toe in with -.25 degree camber and 6 degrees castor....so pretty close to spec.

Rear:

.0625 toe in with -.75 degree camber on driver and -1.15 degree camber on the passenger side. Note: There was no weight in the driver seat.

Drove the car and the difference with the sway bar and the springs was unbelievable........meaning good. The only thing it seems to me is that there is a touch of over-steer on the flat road at about 40 to 50 Mph.

Any thoughts on this are welcome. I have a tendency to over analyze.

Couple of things I've noticed. While I have adjustable drop links...I dont have adjustable sway bar arms. The car is raked about 3/4 from front to back and the drop links are about maxed out from preloading the bar.

Thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:44 AM