Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1971 914-4 Frankenstein Update It's alive
mikesjunk
post May 23 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,423
Region Association: None

Ok so got a few more things done. It runs, drives, shifts, stops, so far. I did a few laps around the neighborhood and racked up a couple of miles.

Shifting seem to take some getting used to as I seem to find 1st to 4th pretty well. Even with bushings front to back it still seems sloppy.

The idle when warmed up isn't the greatest so back to basics to make sure all is well. I'm sure no one has adjusted the valves so that is next on the list to make sure all is well.

Here's a shot from getting it out this weekend. Needs cleaned but that's a ways down the todo list. I did put it on some ramps and give the underside of the engine a good wash down. There's a small oil leak that I'll be looking for. Seems to be dripping from the front center of the pan.

Then I have a question. Are these wheels original type wheels? Anyone have a photos of what the caps may look like. I'm guessing they have a Porsche logo and were stolen over the years of various garages this has spent time in....along with the hood emblem.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.mikesjunk.com-19423-1464050257.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.mikesjunk.com-19423-1464050257.2.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:37 PM