Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who needs a Co-pilot for the WCC??, Mueller is going to need a ride :)
Porsche Rescue
post Apr 4 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #21

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Group: Members
Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

Mike,
I flat towed a 914 from Livermore to Portland behind an Audi A6 sedan. Hardly knew it was back there. I bought the car with the hitch included, but I think it was fabricated from a VW/dune buggy tow rig. I can post some pics if you like. It is pinned to two brackets bolted to the front trunk pan. The car also has a wire harness which plugs into a standard flat 4-pole connector. Tail, stop and signal lights all work when towing. Don't ask me how it is wired as I have no clue.
I believe John Beck, who is an active time-trialer in the Bay Area, put it together when he owned the 914. Maybe you know him?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Apr 4 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #22

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

well mike, if you like i will let you take the porscharu around the course a few times. but if you do you might want a go faster 914 (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)

+Quote Post
fiid
post Apr 4 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #23

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

mike,

I have a stock dizzy with working FI points in it if that's any help.

I don't have the pertronics that used to be in it though.

l8r,

Fiid.

+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 4 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (fiid @ Apr 4 2005, 03:12 PM)
mike,

I have a stock dizzy with working FI points in it if that's any help.

I don't have the pertronics that used to be in it though.

l8r,

Fiid.

thanks Fiid...I have a stock unmolested 1.7 dizzy at home....I guess it'll be going in as well as a rebuilt/cleaned up relay board.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 4 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #25

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Apr 4 2005, 01:04 PM)
Who cares if it has mods if you can't drive it?

I have been trying to build a 2056 with megasquirt for 1.5 years now, has that happened yet, no, probably not anytime soon either... but I am still beating the hell out of my old 1.7. Take what you've got right now and run with it. Think of it this way, at least you will have your own running/driving 914 for the WCC, that is better than last year, right?

yea, I guess you are right....I guess sometimes I fell like a total looser/idiot for saying I'm going to do this or that and it just doesn't happen as I'd like it to.....

yes, it would be much better to have my own 914 there.....not sure how many people actually believe I have a 914 (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Apr 4 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #26

neo life

Member No.: 159

QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Apr 4 2005, 01:53 PM)
Mike,
I flat towed a 914 from Livermore to Portland behind an Audi A6 sedan. Hardly knew it was back there. I bought the car with the hitch included, but I think it was fabricated from a VW/dune buggy tow rig. I can post some pics if you like. It is pinned to two brackets bolted to the front trunk pan. The car also has a wire harness which plugs into a standard flat 4-pole connector. Tail, stop and signal lights all work when towing. Don't ask me how it is wired as I have no clue.
I believe John Beck, who is an active time-trialer in the Bay Area, put it together when he owned the 914. Maybe you know him?

I almost bought a hitch for my benz to go the flat tow route but then I would have to remove my f/g Chalon bumper/spoiler. I was also concerned about the 2000 lb hitch rating for my ~2600 lb V8 914... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

not sure how many people actually believe I have a 914  

Yeah like we believe you have a C2 and 912, LOL!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 06:16 PM