Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is the best FI system to mod for turbo use?, Found this CIS system on ebay
rupert14
post Apr 4 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,339
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have searched for cis and fuel injection and I have read in several forums that the CIS systems are the best once setup. I found this CIS system on ebay and was wondering if it would be a good start. IF not, what do you recomend? Would the megasquirt be good for a turbo application? I ordered the Turbomania book and it should be here any day. Also, does anyone make a independent system that runs the fifth injector and is controlled by boost pressure and O2 sensor? I am debating going big block but I would really like to get 5-6lbs boost on my 2.0 and keep this one running on porsche ponies.
bob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 4 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

the CIS should be the most reliable and simple...with low to moderate boost levels....

the Megasquirt would be perfect if you decided to crank up the boost and needed the extra fine tuning that one can achieve with EFI.....

most of the aux. fuel injector systems cost about $300, so you might as well just do the complete FI swap....besides, getting the 5th injector to spray evenly might take more work than it's worth on a /4 motor...it's been done on the /6's with success, but a company did all the work (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rhaas
post Apr 4 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 155

I got a cis system out of a turbo volvo. I got the entire system from a u pull it for $50. I got all the thing hooked up to it including the turbo and the fuel pump. now only to find time to work on it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:05 AM