Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [OT] Nissan/ Infinity hot rodding, Looking for setups and go fast parts
djm914-6
post Apr 4 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

My Brother-in-law is looking to do something to his G35 sedan. Originall he wanted to upgrade to the new M40 but has descided not to try to get "corperate approval".

So, he came to me. I got him set ip with better tires and slightly bigger rims, but I know nothing else about these cars. There must be some lesser expensive go fast goodies for this car. What about a hot-street alignment? Anyone know something about these things?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Apr 4 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Apr 4 2005, 10:23 AM)
My Brother-in-law is looking to do something to his G35 sedan. Originall he wanted to upgrade to the new M40 but has descided not to try to get "corperate approval".

So, he came to me. I got him set ip with better tires and slightly bigger rims, but I know nothing else about these cars. There must be some lesser expensive go fast goodies for this car. What about a hot-street alignment? Anyone know something about these things?

..Yeah! Steve Millen Supercharger:

http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_products...03&EndYear=2005

Back to reality I have always found Infiniti to be a little under dampened - why not go for a nice set of sport springs and some high quality adjustable dampers or even coilovers? I'm sure Tein makes a nice coilover for that car.

I'm sure a nice intake would give him a couple horsepower. ...maybe And there must be a good chip for this car too.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Apr 4 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #3

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

Some of the G35 guys cross post on a few of the 350Z forums I visit. Tires and wheels are the most popular upgrade. Liberal amounts of Carbon Fiber is second on the list. Exhaust and Cold Air Intake are frequently changed. An Intake Plenum is another popular modification. The lightweight crankshaft pulley set from Unorthodox Racing is the hot new item. Upgraded springs are a good choice. Don't forget to add a subwoofer and video system too. A turbo kit is always an option.
+Quote Post
mattillac
post Apr 4 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #4

robots!

Member No.: 3,020

he should have just bought a maxima and spent the extra cash on a supercharger and a set of teins.
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Apr 5 2005, 07:21 AM
Post #5

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

No No No, No Rice stuff!

The car right now is silver with the factory body kit and looks quite nice, The wheels he chose are a +2+ upgrade; big and wide. When mounted, the tyres fill the wheelwells nicely. And man does this car handle. I was given the oportunity to "break in the tyres" and gave the car a few warm up laps in a nearby parking lot. It was the most neutral handling car I've driven.

What he wants is an AMG killer, not a ricer. I'll look into 350Z forums... maybe I should stop by the dealer on the way home from work for a test drive in a new convertable while I'm at it. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Besides Stillen, are there any other reputable parts companies or are the rest cheap ricer crap?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 03:31 PM