Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Memorial Day, Sincere and Heartfelt Thanks
Elliot Cannon
post May 30 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

QUOTE(RobW @ May 29 2016, 06:35 AM) *

Studying WWII should be mandatory. Europe has better care of WWII than we do. America has long forgotten how perilous the world became in the 40's. There were those who thought America should have just steered clear.

Get out somewhere for Memorial Day. Think of someone that has served our country. Call them, pray for them, or just think of them.

For local folks, we'll be at the Livermore Airport this afternoon, and there's a ceremony in Pleasanton tomorrow.

Every teenager in the country should be made to watch "Saving Private Ryan". At least the first 30 minutes.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
somd914
post May 30 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 30 2016, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ May 29 2016, 06:35 AM) *

Studying WWII should be mandatory. Europe has better care of WWII than we do. America has long forgotten how perilous the world became in the 40's. There were those who thought America should have just steered clear.

Get out somewhere for Memorial Day. Think of someone that has served our country. Call them, pray for them, or just think of them.

For local folks, we'll be at the Livermore Airport this afternoon, and there's a ceremony in Pleasanton tomorrow.

Every teenager in the country should be made to watch "Saving Private Ryan". At least the first 30 minutes.

Please let's not get too focused on WWII or on veterans in general, this is a day to remember those who gave their life while serving, and its roots go back to the Civil War. Veterans Day is for commemorating all those who have served.

I'm not trying to be a downer or be ungrateful - I grew up in the military, work for the military, respect what they do, let them know it (as I did yesterday as mentioned in an above post), agree that many Americans young and old are clueless/thankless in respect to the military, but let's not confuse our holidays.

With that said, I have worked for five defense companies over the years, three of them small business founded by veterans, and only one of the five honors Veterans' Day as a company holiday, which happens to be my current employer who started the company after retiring from the military. Our schools here honor Veteran's Day with a day off, but where I grew up, though a military area, schools are open for Veteran's Day. Go figure...
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post May 30 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #23

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Memorial Day has been around 148 years.....
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 07:42 AM