Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCR, Anybody want to step up?
PanelBilly
post May 28 2016, 10:49 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

My skin is too thin for this job
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 28 2016, 10:55 AM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Medford was great. Liked the AX, but could go either way.
If you do cone North, Pats Acres may be a good place?
Willing to help in any way I can.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 28 2016, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Southern California.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 28 2016, 11:18 AM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

I think it's a good idea to alternate north to south - & whether there's a 3rd central at SoOR/NoCal thrown into the rotation, & if some consider San Fran/Central Coast a 4th location (last year IIRC), then it should move around to cover all locations so that the most folks can attend without the long drive to/from every time .... but eventually it need to come south again.

Since you're up in Kent WA, wouldn't a true northern (WA) location make sense, then 2018 should come to SoCal (& hopefully my resto wil be done by then ;-).

Thanx for taking it on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Steve
post May 28 2016, 11:27 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

I would like to see a streets of willow event again. How long has it been? I am also bummed that I missed the Oregon event. Job and family prevents me from being an organiser, so I understand it has to go where people can organize it.
+Quote Post
JRust
post May 28 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

Billy do it where you are comfortable. It is up to whoever steps up to plan. It is great to pick a location that is closer for everyone. Problem is even when you put it closer to people. Half of the close people still aren't going to go. So plan it in a cool place that you know. If it wasn't for the Medford track & doing an AutoX. I would have planned it in the Willamette valley. I know a lot of sweet roads & some beautiful site's.

Also if in WA plan it later than May. If I plan WCR again it will be later in the year. Odds of inclement weather decrease by a lot. Everyone will give their opinions but in the end. When you are organizing it. Do what makes sense for you while keeping everyone in mind. You won't get everyone to come. So plan a fun event when & where you want. 914 world will either be there in force or not. Whether you have 20 cars or 50. The weekend will be fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
914werke
post May 28 2016, 12:45 PM
Post #7

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 28 2016, 09:57 AM) *

Southern California.

Perhaps you should step up Rob.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 28 2016, 12:46 PM
Post #8

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Willows was '05. Fun time. Issaquah was nice but a long haul from anywhere other western wa. A full coastal drive hurts attendance either way. I think it was over 1k for Curt last weekend. Never, NEVER, plan anything in Washington until after the 4th of July. Chances for good weather improve. Chances....
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 28 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I'm sorry I had to miss Medford this year - it looks like a great time was had because of great planning and participation.
I loved the coast last year and wouldn't mind further south on the coast too. I'm not familiar with previous destinations but my goal is not to miss another event anywhere close to me - just too cool to hang with everyone with like minds. Or out of their minds; whatever definition fits you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post May 28 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #10

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Shasta Lake ? Kart track in Redding....may require a connection though.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 28 2016, 01:38 PM
Post #11

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 28 2016, 10:18 AM) *

I think it's a good idea to alternate north to south - & whether there's a 3rd central at SoOR/NoCal thrown into the rotation, & if some consider San Fran/Central Coast a 4th location (last year IIRC), then it should move around to cover all locations so that the most folks can attend without the long drive to/from every time .... but eventually it need to come south again.

Since you're up in Kent WA, wouldn't a true northern (WA) location make sense, then 2018 should come to SoCal (& hopefully my resto wil be done by then ;-).

Thanx for taking it on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

The rotation for the last few years has been; PNW, SoOR/NorCal, SoCal and Tahoe. Regardless, its up to whomever steps up to be the planning committee. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 28 2016, 11:46 AM) *

Willows was '05. Fun time. Issaquah was nice but a long haul from anywhere other western wa. A full coastal drive hurts attendance either way. I think it was over 1k for Curt last weekend. Never, NEVER, plan anything in Washington until after the 4th of July. Chances for good weather improve. Chances....

It was 1100 miles for me. Southern Oregon is about the same as far as Late June for better weather but acquiring the track dictates that.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 28 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #12

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

Loved wcc05. Streets of willow was amazing and I would love to do that again.

If we could replicate that Itinerary I think that would be awesome!
+Quote Post
914_teener
post May 28 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

Food for thought.....

R66 from what I understand will be in So Cal next year.

I really liked the event in 05 and then last year in Cambria as some to the Northern Coast folks were there and it was fun to meet them.

I'd be willing to help down here in 2018.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 28 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #14

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

If R66 is going to be in socal then maybe Tahoe? That had probably some of the best driving views and roads to date, not to mention some great restraunts in south lake tahoe.

Or what about Yosemite? Some great roads and views around there. Mammoth lake has some reasonable hotels.
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post May 28 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #15

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(JRust @ May 28 2016, 11:24 AM) *

Billy do it where you are comfortable. It is up to whoever steps up to plan. It is great to pick a location that is closer for everyone. Problem is even when you put it closer to people. Half of the close people still aren't going to go. So plan it in a cool place that you know. If it wasn't for the Medford track & doing an AutoX. I would have planned it in the Willamette valley. I know a lot of sweet roads & some beautiful site's.

Also if in WA plan it later than May. If I plan WCR again it will be later in the year. Odds of inclement weather decrease by a lot. Everyone will give their opinions but in the end. When you are organizing it. Do what makes sense for you while keeping everyone in mind. You won't get everyone to come. So plan a fun event when & where you want. 914 world will either be there in force or not. Whether you have 20 cars or 50. The weekend will be fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If you are going to step up and do the work (and it's a lot I'm told) then you should make it easy on yourself. Do it at your convenience and the rest of us will cope. By the way, here's the reason I didn't make it to the WCR this year. I flew it home the Thursday before the WCR. Loads of fun.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post May 28 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #16

914 Guru

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 28 2016, 04:46 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If you are going to step up and do the work (and it's a lot I'm told) then you should make it easy on yourself. Do it at your convenience and the rest of us will cope. By the way, here's the reason I didn't make it to the WCR this year. I flew it home the Thursday before the WCR. Loads of fun.

Now THAT'S a GOOD reason!
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post May 28 2016, 08:15 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

I think that The schedule and location should coordinate with the Porsche Parade that will be held in eastern Washington. Not part of the event. Can't have a direct connection to PCA stuff. That would be asking for trouble. I'm thinking an event that would be scheduled for the Teener owner to attend WCR on the way to Spokane our on the way back.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 28 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #18

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 28 2016, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 28 2016, 09:57 AM) *

Southern California.

Perhaps you should step up Rob.

Really? I've done three of these with McMark. Perhaps I should step up? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post
76-914
post May 28 2016, 09:50 PM
Post #19

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Is that a Stits Playboy behind your plane? You gotta love the stall and spin recovery techniques on that new plane, Elliot. Congrats
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 28 2016, 09:56 PM
Post #20

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Here's the reason I didn't make it to the WCR this year. I flew it home the Thursday before the WCR. Loads of fun.

Nice. I want a ride.

Sooo... No excuse for next year? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:56 AM