Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> who's going to hershey in june/july, for the parade
post Apr 4 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 988

I've convinced the wife to drive down in the teener, anyone going to check it out??

-a northeast caravan would be cool...I'm going down for the weekend between june/july and will likely drive down friday evening or sat early and stay over somewhere and head back sunday....

-Also, anyone know a place stay, maybe a B&B??
-Adam
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Apr 4 2005, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

parade? If it's a 914 parade, I'm in (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
i love porsche
post Apr 4 2005, 03:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,030
Region Association: North East States

im thinking about it..though i wont be driving a teener,

what are the dates for it/them ?

june is really busy for me..but i can try
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Apr 4 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

The wife and I are staying at a B&B on Friday night and coming home for the SOX and Phillies game on Sat in Philly (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

I hope to drive my teener...Just need to get my heads back from the shop and the engine back together.

Cheers
+Quote Post
grasshopper
post Apr 4 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,258
Region Association: None

If i can get my engine back in and the car repainted by then i might be able to make it, i signed up but i was like #630 on the waiting list (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) guess i waited to long to register (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) so i just decided to go to WCC instead... might show up just to look around though..
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Apr 4 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #6

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

#630!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Apr 4 2005, 04:16 PM
Post #7

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

i will be there in the porscharu in july or when ever it is the one in april i will be at the wcc so there (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/bootyshake.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 4 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #8

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

i will be there.

i may or may be judging the concours; either way the plan is for me to be onsite at the concours, and i will definitely be taking photographs...

i will definitely be in the Goodie Store all day Saturday - but you hafta be an entrant to get there...
i was WaitList #188 and told 'em to bag it & return my check.

personally, i expect parking for and transportation to the Concours / Show to be a real goatf&ck.

i very strongly urge anyone interested in coming to the Parade to READ the Parade website: Parade Website. you will be able to attend the concours IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT PCA MEMBERSHIP CARD ON YOUR PERSON. it is the PCA National Convention and they have access restrictions. EXPECT to park a long way from the venue and deal with long lines to the transportation shuttles. there is NO PARKING at the concours venue. you can spectate at the autocross - same deal - have your card, expect to sign the waiver.
+Quote Post
post Apr 8 2005, 09:19 AM
Post #9

Sounds like it may be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth!

-is it worth the drive to walk around, take pics and shoot the SH*T with people there or not?

-Adam
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 8 2005, 09:32 AM
Post #10

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE (7391420 @ Apr 8 2005, 10:19 AM)
Sounds like it may be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth!

-is it worth the drive to walk around, take pics and shoot the SH*T with people there or not?

maybe the organisers will be able to get their act together and organise. clearly they have NO EXCUSE at this point for underestimating the interest and the demand...

'worth it' - no way to know. if you looked down the list of 'special' cars scheduled to appear, you'll have seen that there are some pretty special cars on the list. there will be a heavy factory involvement as well, and i know some of the cars the organisers were trying to get, but i don't know what has been committed.

i think i'd try to put the most positive spin on it possible. plan on having an enjoyable drive there and back, don't get too frustrated when there are little kinks and bottlenecks, and plan on meeting some people and having a good time. there will be interesting cars, but of course i can't promise that everyone will find every car fascinating.

the reality is: you come and check it out and make the best of it, or you stay home and miss whatever it was that happened.

since i'm in the car portrait (side-) business, it's a business "must-do" for me to be there and take LOTS of reference photographs...

i wasn't happy missing the RennSport Reunion last year, but i got over it. there *will* be a lot of people -- a lot of competitive, pushy, Type-A, competitive, and dare i say "wealthy" people used to getting their own way and whining when it doesn't happen. clearly, the environment is ripe for disappointment. your call. if you stay home, you'll never know.

if it turns out to be horrible, have a nice dinner and a safe drive home, open a beer, and say "well, THAT sucked!" but you'll know.
+Quote Post
post Apr 8 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #11

well said...

-Hope I see ya down there.

-Adam
+Quote Post
SGB
post Apr 8 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #12

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wavey.gif)
I'll be driving my 265,000 mile daily driver up from Alabama.
I really can't wait. A week of submersion....
I've found there are a lot of wealthy folks in PCA. But most of 'em are car nuts more than status nuts, Some may be perty spoilt by excess $ now. Lots of 'em have 914 history. Almost everyone in my local PCA speaks well of 914s and their driving characteristics. I think there is growing recognition of "legitimousy" of the 914. I guess that is OK.
About parking- at least for the concours-
My understanding is that if you are in a p-car, and reserve the spot with the forms due by 8 April, you can park in the corral near the concours area.
There are some fairly hokey themes to be used for the various dinners, so I may miss the speakers- but they were all there at Rennsport II (all the racing group- the 917 legacy). I really DON"T get the concours. My car is for driving, and so are all of 'em.
But there will be sights never to be repeated, I'm sure.
At Rennsport, I stood in line for dinner behind Valentine Shafer- the guy that turbcharged the 917! He was turbocharged too.
My son will be wearing his 914club hat. If you see us, stop and say "Free Brad!"
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:26 PM