Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Complete weatherstrip kit, Want things tight....
Gunn1
post May 28 2016, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,670
Region Association: None

Looking at the "Complete" Weatherstrip kit.

Has anyone purchased and used it? At 800.00 and change
Wondering about completeness, fit and quality of materials
Used.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jcd914
post May 28 2016, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

Who's kit are you asking about?

+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 29 2016, 12:02 AM
Post #3

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

I can tell you there are levels of "completeness". For instance many do not include the triangle window seals.

Drop me a PM and I'd be happy to discuss the 914rubber kit, and it's completeness.

Always nice to compare apples to apples. That's why one retailer kept changing his kit names, best kit, greatest kir, ect.

I also have quite a few parts the other do not, and I'm making more daily. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Gunn1
post May 29 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 29 2016, 01:02 AM) *

I can tell you there are levels of "completeness". For instance many do not include the triangle window seals.

Drop me a PM and I'd be happy to discuss the 914rubber kit, and it's completeness.

Always nice to compare apples to apples. That's why one retailer kept changing his kit names, best kit, greatest kir, ect.

I also have quite a few parts the other do not, and I'm making more daily. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I have heard and seen good things about your parts.

Would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the 914rubber kit.

Thank you

PM sent
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 31 2016, 03:50 PM
Post #5

The rubber man

Actually looking at a way to put "adders" to the kits so you can select additional options inside the kits to upgrade. Most probably need the door vents, but would they be part of a standard upgrade kit? More than likely not, but if you could line item them, you can select what items you want to add to your " base kit".
I will play with this tonight.

The real issue is trancparency. This is why I have so many kits. When "another" vendor had a kit, I listed mine with all the parts so you could see apples to apples what you were buying, so he would call it another name, take out some seals, maybe throw in some lesser prices seals and undercut my "complete" kit.

So if you look purely at dollars and aren't watching the details you may get what apears to be a better kit,b ut will be missing a few items you may need.

That's where it really adds up.

In addition, we continue to upgrade our products - the NEW OEM front trunk seal is our standard, as well as the OEM rear targa seal profile - with the fuzzey on it.

So yes you may get the "same" parts, but what "quality" of part are you getting also.

But in response to your PM I do need to know if your car is "early" or "late" as the parts do vary at the door.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post May 31 2016, 04:52 PM
Post #6

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'll put this out there since I'm probably not the only one. My door seals are ok/have been replaced at some time, but anything out in the sun plus the fuzzies and the channels are toast. I'd like to see a "near complete" door kit that would save me some moola.

Might be easier, if the commerce software allows it, to offer a 5% or so discount if you buy more items from the same category.
+Quote Post
Gunn1
post May 31 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 31 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Actually looking at a way to put "adders" to the kits so you can select additional options inside the kits to upgrade. Most probably need the door vents, but would they be part of a standard upgrade kit? More than likely not, but if you could line item them, you can select what items you want to add to your " base kit".
I will play with this tonight.

The real issue is trancparency. This is why I have so many kits. When "another" vendor had a kit, I listed mine with all the parts so you could see apples to apples what you were buying, so he would call it another name, take out some seals, maybe throw in some lesser prices seals and undercut my "complete" kit.

So if you look purely at dollars and aren't watching the details you may get what apears to be a better kit,b ut will be missing a few items you may need.

That's where it really adds up.

In addition, we continue to upgrade our products - the NEW OEM front trunk seal is our standard, as well as the OEM rear targa seal profile - with the fuzzey on it.

So yes you may get the "same" parts, but what "quality" of part are you getting also.

But in response to your PM I do need to know if your car is "early" or "late" as the parts do vary at the door.

Mikey I have a 72' and 75' I will be restoring both, but because of the funds I will be restoring the 72' first.

The weather stripping in the doors is in pretty good shape, but alas everything else rubber wise is toast and will need to be replaced.

So I would say 90-95% of the rubber related components will need replacement.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jun 2 2016, 02:32 AM
Post #8

The rubber man

The early kit would be your best best bet. It is missing the triangle window seals, and has the majority of what you will need.

And as stated on the website, I will beat any advertised price by 10%. So far when I've added up the kits mine is still less.

I can also offer the bumper tops in this set at $499 shipped if bought with this kit.

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/914-Early-Ru...kage-914ERK.htm

In addition we will be offering a $25 credit toward your next purchase as there's always something you will need.
I'm also going back and giving this credit to all that have bought my kits in the last 90 days.
Thanks again to all of you that have been helping me to make these parts!
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Jun 2 2016, 02:53 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

Mikey, you know I've bought most of your parts so far and I cant recommend you enough. Now for a bit of constructive critisism tho, for someone thats new to 914 or new to restoring cars in general navigating your shop is a bit confusing as the same part can be found in different places. So better structure of the menus is one thing Id love to see.

The other thing is that while customers may know what they want, they dont know what its called. So a few images like the one I've done below would really help.

The same thing for your kits, a picture or two with all the included seals shown on the car would be great and would probably help you move more kits.

Attached Image

(just used a Picture I had on my work computer as example)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jun 2 2016, 03:03 AM
Post #10

The rubber man

Thanks, yes the website is quite clunky and difficult to navigate. The worst "feature" of the website is the search bar that is hidden on the lower left column. Why would a template put a search bar anywhere other than on the top.. I chose this before I had as many categories, so at first you could still see it.
We are actually still trying to get the new site up, and have a plan to get it finished in the next 60 days, but it always seems like we keep getting side tracked. Now that we have added more staff and the customer service is running much more smoothly, we are focusing on getting it running with much better diagrams and support.
Thanks for the input, you are 100% correct.
Mark
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 2 2016, 03:36 AM
Post #11

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 2 2016, 05:03 AM) *

Thanks, yes the website is quite clunky and difficult to navigate. The worst "feature" of the website is the search bar that is hidden on the lower left column. Why would a template put a search bar anywhere other than on the top.. I chose this before I had as many categories, so at first you could still see it.
We are actually still trying to get the new site up, and have a plan to get it finished in the next 60 days, but it always seems like we keep getting side tracked. Now that we have added more staff and the customer service is running much more smoothly, we are focusing on getting it running with much better diagrams and support.
Thanks for the input, you are 100% correct.
Mark

Type in your car and it gives you a list of all the appropriate seals. Then it keeps track of what you buy and tells you what's left to tick off the list and what's new on the list. Yea, that's not easy, need a computer geek to figure out that one but it sure would sell more parts.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jun 2 2016, 05:46 AM
Post #12

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Mark that is a great idea. I would love to see that. I have not started to buy the rubber I need for my car, but I hope that need is coming soon. I want to wait until my Six is in color first.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:03 AM