Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please help a fellow teener!, ***I need to find Brad Roberts, please read post***
SLITS
post May 29 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #21

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

I talked to Gus. Gus has been talking to Chris or his wife has since last Thursday. Chris / Wife offered to give Gus a credit card for the $6k, but Gus refused saying that all they owed is $50.00 .... the cost of the Lien Sale paperwork.

Gus has offered to get the car mechanically sound as a driver (brakes, fuel lines, etc). After it's a driver, they will talk about a complete restoration of the vehicle. Engine is a 3.0L with the manifolding of a 3.2L (Motronic). Chris will view the car and determine what parts are there and if anything paid for is missing.

I told you Gus was a standup guy and yes, the Lien Sale was the only way to determine who owned the car.

'Nuff said .... all is good.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post May 29 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #22

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 29 2016, 02:23 PM
Post #23

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(SLITS @ May 29 2016, 12:59 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post May 29 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #24

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 29 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #25

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Gus sounds like a good biz owner. More than fair guy.
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post May 29 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #26

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 29 2016, 03:15 PM
Post #27

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2016, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ May 29 2016, 12:59 PM) *

Good man.
Got off cheap for years of storage.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
madd_dogg_914
post May 29 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 497

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. Yes, I have talked with Gus, absolutely a stand up guy. The point of this thread was to try and get Brad to contact one of us. It seems like Brad has washed his hands of the situation and has decided to just dump my car. I have reciepts for every penny I have sent Brad, along with a description of what the money was for. If there is one bolt missing from the car, I'll have no choice now but to involve the police. I wanted to give Brad the benefit of the doubt, but it's painfully obvious now just what kind of person I've been dealing with all these years.

I guess if there is any silver lining here, it's that Brad left my car in the honest and capable hands of a great Porsche enthusiast like Gus!

-Chris

P.S. I look forward to posting progress pictures as the car is brought back to life. I'll also make sure to post before Brad and after Brad pictures in case any one else is duped into trusting him, maybe my story will help someone steer clear.
+Quote Post
smokey
post May 29 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 7,816

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Gunn1
post May 29 2016, 06:23 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 19,670

QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ May 29 2016, 05:04 PM) *

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. Yes, I have talked with Gus, absolutely a stand up guy. The point of this thread was to try and get Brad to contact one of us. It seems like Brad has washed his hands of the situation and has decided to just dump my car. I have reciepts for every penny I have sent Brad, along with a description of what the money was for. If there is one bolt missing from the car, I'll have no choice now but to involve the police. I wanted to give Brad the benefit of the doubt, but it's painfully obvious now just what kind of person I've been dealing with all these years.

I guess if there is any silver lining here, it's that Brad left my car in the honest and capable hands of a great Porsche enthusiast like Gus!

-Chris

P.S. I look forward to posting progress pictures as the car is brought back to life. I'll also make sure to post before Brad and after Brad pictures in case any one else is duped into trusting him, maybe my story will help someone steer clear.

Odds are You are not the only one that has been taken advantage of by this guy.

Typically People like this do not operate in the black, they are always taking from Peter to pay Paul, operating in the red and juggling other peoples assets/cars to maintain some sort of cash flow. Ultimately like a Pyramid scheme things eventually come crashing in.

Part of this problem is also on the owner of the car.....I know, I know.. shouldn't blame the owner, but we are somewhat culpable to. We as responsible owners besides having a clear contract which is signed by both parties should also set up some ground rules that would prohibit this type of issue from happening. Whether it be closer watch on the car when being away for repairs, making further payments and supplying more parts only after verifiable progress has been and continues to be made as a part of the original agreement.

This world is full of unscrupulous people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) that are all to willing to separate you from your money without even blinking an eye.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 30 2016, 06:37 AM
Post #31

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

I am very happy to hear that this all worked out and even better that the car is in good hands. Gus is a stand-up guy based upon how this was handled.

I hope they have big pictures of Brad posted all over the shop advising to call the police if that POS ever enters their shop again.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post May 30 2016, 07:35 AM
Post #32

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Are you going to fly down there and see the car? If it were me, I'd do a thorough review prior to taking any next steps. I'd also recommend focusing your dollars on the build. As pissed as I would be (and you can say I've been there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) ) the best feeling is getting on with things.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 30 2016, 03:54 PM
Post #33

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Great news....I don't think I've ever met Gus, sounds like an outstanding person. I'd gladly buy him a beer if I ever bump into him at an event!
+Quote Post
eeyore
post May 30 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 1,533

I had long wondered about that car, and who it belonged to. I had seen it moved from various 'shops'. Never getting attention while other projects came along which in turn also suffered the same fate of abandonment at the almost-but-never-quite-done stage.
+Quote Post
ssuperflyoldguy
post May 30 2016, 11:40 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 19,364

Maybe the car has appreciated in value over the years especially with a 3.6 in it? Maybe just pay the 6000$k and grab the car. If you got the notice of storage, that's the # they are looking for so that they don't complete the lien. The lien is in motion and you need to stop it. You could possibly file a stolen vehicle report & walk in there with the sheriff. By filing the lien they have "found" the vehicle - " thanks, no charges will be filed in the theft of my car if you release it...."

All the lawyering will maybe cost $6k anyway. Your car has really appreciated in value if still in good shape. That putz has wasted a lot of other people's time & money too - they are just trying to recover some value.

+Quote Post
tavoman27
post May 31 2016, 03:30 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 11,226
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ May 30 2016, 10:40 PM) *

Maybe the car has appreciated in value over the years especially with a 3.6 in it? Maybe just pay the 6000$k and grab the car. If you got the notice of storage, that's the # they are looking for so that they don't complete the lien. The lien is in motion and you need to stop it. You could possibly file a stolen vehicle report & walk in there with the sheriff. By filing the lien they have "found" the vehicle - " thanks, no charges will be filed in the theft of my car if you release it...."

All the lawyering will maybe cost $6k anyway. Your car has really appreciated in value if still in good shape. That putz has wasted a lot of other people's time & money too - they are just trying to recover some value.

The car is not a 3.6 nor an original 914-6, read all the previous post and you will figure things out.

+Quote Post
carr914
post May 31 2016, 04:54 AM
Post #37

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(SLITS @ May 29 2016, 03:59 PM) *

I talked to Gus. Gus has been talking to Chris or his wife has since last Thursday. Chris / Wife offered to give Gus a credit card for the $6k, but Gus refused saying that all they owed is $50.00 .... the cost of the Lien Sale paperwork.

Gus has offered to get the car mechanically sound as a driver (brakes, fuel lines, etc). After it's a driver, they will talk about a complete restoration of the vehicle. Engine is a 3.0L with the manifolding of a 3.2L (Motronic). Chris will view the car and determine what parts are there and if anything paid for is missing.

I told you Gus was a standup guy and yes, the Lien Sale was the only way to determine who owned the car.

Fantastic News!

QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ May 29 2016, 06:04 PM) *

-Chris

Chris, if there a Bolt or an Exhaust, I don't think the Police will give a Rat's Ass. You would have to go to Small Claims against Brad. But now you know how to find him. I've also got his Cell,but haven't talked to him in about a year.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 31 2016, 06:52 AM
Post #38

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

Do yourself a favor and just deal with Gus and get your car back on track once it is in your "possession" again. Then, if you wish, have Gus do the work.

I would not waste the time going after the asshat Brad. That is throwing good time away for nothing.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 31 2016, 08:39 AM
Post #39

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 31 2016, 08:52 AM) *

Do yourself a favor and just deal with Gus and get your car back on track once it is in your "possession" again. Then, if you wish, have Gus do the work.

I would not waste the time going after the asshat Brad. That is throwing good time away for nothing.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) !!!!
+Quote Post
tavoman27
post Jun 3 2016, 12:03 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 11,226
Region Association: Southern California

Hello, I'm Gus the party involved and mentioned on this thread.
I will like to make it clear to all that I had no intentions of keeping, ,selling or part out the 914 in question here.

I did not know who the owner of the car was, where it came from and what was need it so a Lien sale was the proper way to find out, $6000 dollars was going to filter out unwanted people claiming ownership so I proceeded and Chris responded.

Chris was told from the very beginning that the car was abandoned at my shop by Brad Roberts and that the 914 condition was very poor, Brad is unwanted far, near or at my shops front door and the reasons are about $25000 of them... so I think many can relate to it but I won't provide especific details... all I can say is that I found out too late about his GTA, the 914 prototype and the many that got nailed by him.

Chris will take possession of his car as soon as he can make it to my shop and his cost will be ONLY $50 to cover the cost of the lien sale processing fee after that is settled I can work on his car or he can take it home.

I'm not in the business of screwing people, my reputation is very important specially after the issues inherited courtesy of Brad Roberts, now I'm on my own doing everything possible to re start my business and make sure everyone is aware that I have no business or dealings with Brad Roberts.

My shop is at your service.

SOCALEUROWERKS
8800 ONYX AVE. SUITE C
RANCHO CUCAMONGA CA 91730

socaleurowerks@gmail.com

+19095273776

Thank you all for the support and the kind words.

Cheers.

Attached Image loAttached ImageAttached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:03 PM