Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How bad is this rust?, rust spotted in hell hole on another "rust free" car
nwm5709
post May 31 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,536
Region Association: South East States

So I've recently looked at another 914 for sale. It's a very nice car on the outside, but when the owner told me its completely rust free of course I was suspicious. I found two small holes in the hell hole area. Generally, the underbody of the car is solid and the door gaps are good.

Attached are some pictures of the hell hole area which is the only rust I could find. I have not seen the longs with the rockers off, but I did get under the car on a lift.

Image 1 - the hell hole from the top
Image 2 - looking at another spot, below the hell hole from under the car.
Image 3 - Not sure if this helps, but it is a shot behind the rocker on the passenger side.

Assuming there isn't any more, is this rust a minimal repair? Would cutting out around the two holes and welding a small patch be a good repair or would it take more work? Note, this is not meant to be a project car, but some repairs are OK.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:35 AM