Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 rear valance, Fiberglass part
sgrisanti
post Jun 19 2016, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Porsche enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,676
Region Association: North East States

Has anyone purchased the fiberglass deep valance that is a replica of the 914-6 with the hole? If so, how is the quality, does it feel strong once installed, and was the hole difficult to cut-out. I believe it is sold without the hole cut-out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Jun 19 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

Never, but...

The QRS parts I bought were thin and flimsy. The finish was good though. I had to build up the top edge of my bumper top so I could trim it to fit. The front valence I bought was built a little thicker than the bumper and only needed mods where my oversize cooler and tow links were placed. Mods only because my application is custom.

The AIR parts I bought were much thicker than QRS (still less than 1/4"). Finish was good and these fenders went right on the car without modifications. The AIR rear deck lid I has was very well built, made for hinges and latch. No issues.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 08:22 AM