Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to park your Porsche in Vancouver
Mark Henry
post Jun 23 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Do ya thunk the kid is in a tad bit o shit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Or what people will do to go viral on youtube...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-colu...amage-1.3649308

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZwSIrMLmk
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bob L.
post Jun 23 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,411
Region Association: Southwest Region

Love the comment... "Just aboot got it"
+Quote Post
ssuperflyoldguy
post Jun 23 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,364
Region Association: None

What's the general alcohol percentage of Canuckistani brews eh? Maybe should stick to imports. I hope no one was injured in the hit n run that they were trying to hide the evidence from, no doubt that the trail was not hard to follow.
+Quote Post
green914
post Jun 23 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,874
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Unbelievable!
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jun 23 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I am not going to say what I am thinking, for once....but trust me, it's not good.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
zambezi
post Jun 23 2016, 09:28 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,920
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Jun 23 2016, 05:47 PM) *

What's the general alcohol percentage of Canuckistani brews eh? Maybe should stick to imports. I hope no one was injured in the hit n run that they were trying to hide the evidence from, no doubt that the trail was not hard to follow.

Yup. That shredded right front tire did not happen from his dumb ass parking skills.
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Jun 23 2016, 09:50 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

HERE'S THE POOP ON THIS:

Published Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:04AM PDT
Last Updated Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:54AM PDT

A YouTube video showing a luxury car being battered in what can only be described as one of Vancouver's worst-ever parking jobs has helped police solve a hit-and-run apparently involving an unlicensed teen driver.

The cringe-worthy video, "How to Park Your Porsche in Vancouver," goes on for nearly two minutes as the driver of a white Porsche Cayenne SUV repeatedly slams into the side of a garage as he tries to get inside, after cutting the corner a little too sharply.

The person shooting the video can be heard saying "just about got it," after the driver spins his wheels repeatedly and crunches the side of the vehicle into the garage's wall.

The video ends when the now-mangled high-end vehicle finally makes it inside, but not before several pieces of the back bumper fly into the alley.

Vancouver police tell CTV News they have spoken to the driver, and say he was involved in a minor hit-and-run collision on June 16th on the city's West Side.

The mother of the 16-year-old was out of the country, and the teen – who does not have a driver's licence -- was driving her car, says Const. Brian Montague.

Although the accident was fairly minor – the SUV allegedly hit a parked car – the teen did some pretty good damage to his mom's vehicle, Montague said.

If the young man would have stayed at the scene he would have likely only gotten a ticket for driving without a licence, and it "wouldn't have been a big deal," Montague said.

But because he left the scene he is now charged with driving without due care, hit and run, according the VPD.

Officers only had a vehicle description for the hit-and-run last week, but Montague said the YouTube video made it much easier to find the driver – and it helped shorten the investigation significantly.

More details:

A video of a Porsche’s poor parking job in Vancouver helped Vancouver Police catch a hit-and-run teen driver.

Cst. Brian Montague with the Vancouver Police (VPD) says the white Porsche SUV, seen in the video, hit a parked, unoccupied car on June 16 on West 32 Street, between Oak and Granville.

The car was damaged and the driver of the Porsche fled the scene.

A few days later, someone sent the VPD a YouTube video called ‘How to park your Porsche In Vancouver.’

It shows someone trying to park a white Porsche SUV in a garage in a back alley. The right front tire of the car is damaged and the driver repeatedly scrapes the car down the side of the garage while trying to drive it in. When they eventually get the car into the garage you can see damage to the car and the concrete side.

Montague says the driver is 16 years old and does not have a license.

He says if the driver stayed at the scene, they likely would only have received a ticket for driving without a license, which is $267.

However, the driver is now facing multiple charges under the Motor Vehicle Act, including a hit-and-run and driving without a license.

Montague says the driver will also be responsible for the damages to the car and to the house.
+Quote Post
messix
post Jun 23 2016, 10:13 PM
Post #8

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

it looks like he wiped out the pass side front suspension or tie rod because the front wheel wouldnt steer and flopped around
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Jun 23 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #9

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

........hitting a parked car did test the shear strength of the passenger front suspension (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
pete000
post Jun 23 2016, 11:10 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I saw a person bury a brand new Rolls Royce up to the rockers in a sand lot next to my house a couple weeks ago. They were trying to turn it around. Wish I shot a video of the sand flying 10 feet in the air off the rear wheels ! It still had the dealer plates on it.
+Quote Post
post Jun 24 2016, 10:58 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

Vancouver BC is a great place to visit, along with that. They have some very interesting people there.
One morning on my way to LVR going on to the Oak bridge.
Traffic almost came to an halt. Once the traffic moved, I came across about 100+ butt naked individuals leisurely riding their bikes on this bridge.... just because they just wanted too.
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Jun 24 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(zambezi @ Jun 23 2016, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Jun 23 2016, 05:47 PM) *

Yup. That shredded right front tire did not happen from his dumb ass parking skills.

Canadian stucco walls do look very sturdy ! driver did not run out of skill...had no skills to begin with (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
That driver could qualify for the 2016 Darwin Award, and it's only 1/2 way through the year.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Jun 24 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #13

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Ya can't fix Canuck. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 24 2016, 04:33 PM
Post #14

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Taking the 16 year old on vacation with you would probably be cheaper!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:02 AM