Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> valuation for insurance, 3.2 in a 1972
worn
post Jun 24 2016, 08:38 AM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I think I asked it before but now it is time to pull the trigger cause the car is coming off jack stands. 3.2 conversion with new floor and firewall panels, no rust for real and down to bare metal. Alu 911S brakes up front, full 911 suspension with 5 lugs. Added the wiper mod for intermittent and electric pump. New paint and glass. rebuilt 901 gearbox with tall 4th and 5th. Steel fuel lines, new brake lines and 19 mm master. Etcetera....

What would it cost me to find another like it? Well, I have my own personal tweaks, but I would accept similar in nice condition. Ball park? Cause that is the goal of the insurance - replacement with something similar.
Thanks and please chime in for me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
TheCabinetmaker
post Jun 24 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Hagerty asked me if I ever drive it to work. I said yes because that's where my lift is and where I work on it. They said no to that and my one car garage. I went elsewhere.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Jun 25 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 24 2016, 07:27 PM) *

Hagerty asked me if I ever drive it to work. I said yes because that's where my lift is and where I work on it. They said no to that and my one car garage. I went elsewhere.

Not sure if it is a state issue or policies have changed... My Hagerty policy allows personal use. Also a major player for us were drivers under 25 - Hagarty is the only classic insurer I've found who will allow that - can't see not letting our kids drive as cars are a major past time for them and spend many hours helping me in the garage.

As for value, agree talk to an appraiser and also discuss it with potential insurers. As for me with agreed value policies, I also like to factor in purchase costs (taxes, title, tags, etc).
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:38 AM