Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 on craigslist, yorktown VA
anderssj
post Jun 24 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Dog is my copilot...

Group: Members
Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Just saw this ad for a yellow 1973 1.7L car at a local dealer:

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/ctd/5651266115.html

Supposed to be 76.6K miles. I may have time to take a shufti next week if anyone is interested . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Jun 25 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Dominic

Member No.: 149
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(anderssj @ Jun 24 2016, 05:49 PM) *

Supposed to be 76.6K miles. I may have time to take a shufti next week if anyone is interested . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Steve,
That's the same car I was advertising for the lady in Yorktown about 8 years ago. Her husband did the restoration, but I remember that he used some fiberglass for rust repairs and a bit too much hardener in the paint (hence the cracks). But the car was stored inside and super clean, very well detailed when I took pics of the car back then. I'm amazed that it's still around.

Cheers,
Dominic
+Quote Post
Gunn1
post Jun 25 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,670
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dominic @ Jun 25 2016, 05:04 PM) *

Steve,
That's the same car I was advertising for the lady in Yorktown about 8 years ago. Her husband did the restoration, but I remember that he used some fiberglass for rust repairs and a bit too much hardener in the paint (hence the cracks). But the car was stored inside and super clean, very well detailed when I took pics of the car back then. I'm amazed that it's still around.

Cheers,
Dominic

Don't sellers know that prospective buyers want to see everything? We want to see under the hoods, we want to see the engine compartment and as many other places that aren't apparent by just taking two shots of the front and one of the back and a few of the wheels......

People that sell vehicles, especially dealers should know how to properly advertise vehicles and that includes proper pictures, of the appropriate areas.
+Quote Post
anderssj
post Jun 25 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #4

Dog is my copilot...

Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Dominic @ Jun 25 2016, 06:04 PM) *

Steve,

Cheers,
Dominic

Hey Dom! Wooo, small world, even for these little cars. Now I may have to go up there and take a peek even if no one is interested. Besides, I've never seen a 19+K 914 4cyl in person . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Let me know if/when you're headed out this way!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:24 AM