Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looks like my car is too low, Bilstein Shock adjustment?
green914
post Jun 28 2016, 10:01 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,874
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) very nice looking car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack20
post Jun 28 2016, 11:48 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 18,099
Region Association: Northern California

Thanks everybody.
I'm going to move the Bilsteins up 1 notch and set the front 1/2" lower than the rear before I take it in for alignment.
+Quote Post
Darren C
post Jun 29 2016, 03:01 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 18,255
Region Association: England

Ride height is a matter of choice by the individual.
As a point of reference in all factory drawings for 914/4, 914/6 & 914/8 (that I have been able to find) the ride height at design can be easily shown by drawing an imaginary straight line across the top of the rocker panel, extending into each wheel arch.
The centre of the wheels sit roughly on this line. With STOCK wheels and tyres. It's also worth mentioning that this is prior to any legal requirement to raise or lower the ride height to meet various countries bumper height regulations.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i265.photobucket.com-18255-1467190876.1.jpg)

My car was initially sitting too low, which lead me to investigate where it should be. Haynes offer a set up measurement for the front which has been posted may times on here. I initially set my car to this but it looked a little low at the front compared to the factory blueprints. In the end I lifted the car parallel to the floor (using the imaginary line discussed above) I’m happy with the look and the ride (as its where the designers intended the car to sit, not where regulation had it finally resting and aesthetically it just looks right), but as said before, it’s personal choice.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 12:17 AM