Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Crap weather & STOOPID drivers
slapshot914
post Apr 8 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #1

ole swede

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,649

OK! that's enough. How much more of this crappy winter weather do we got to put up with? Had to go to meeting in Kings Beach, Lake Tahoe today. When we got out, there was 3 inches of new snow on top of a half inch of ice. Wind was howling with white-outs and crazy drivers who were totally out of control. Some poor lady was driving a rental at 15 mph on SR 28. Ok, she was scared but she wouldn't pull over and let the 25 cars behind her get by. Finally some stoopid driver in a SUV had enough and tried to pass 3 of us at once. Only trouble was he couldn't do it because there was a vehicle coming from the other direction. Brakes on, locked up wheels and no place to go. Thought I was gonna die. Off the throttle and let the jerk in. Nobody should be in that kind of hurry. Oh well, lived to see another day.

Rant over.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Apr 8 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #2

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

Weather wise spring around here is a crazy time. It was 70 on Wednesday and it snow about 3 inches this morning and was gone by 1.

As far as stoopid drivers, yeah plenty of those here too.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 9 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #3

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE (slapshot914 @ Apr 8 2005, 10:47 PM)
some stoopid driver in a SUV had enough and tried to pass 3 of us at once.

I HAVE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE I AM INVINCIBLE !!!

yeah. i remember those yahoos. (8 yrs in Minden.)

drivers here have their own weirdnesses and there are a few SUV yahoos, but so far i have experienced none of them like the Sierra crazies...

(local (NE) weirdnesses:

1) people WILL NOT go on green! this is in part because
2) the first oncoming car in the left-turn lane gets (or takes...) a free pass to scream through the intersection before the going-straight opposing car can get there...
3) people insist on making left turns from the limit line, not the actual intersection.

i am learning. lately, i stop 2-3 car lengths behind the car in front at stop lights. they've usually at least started to roll by the time i get there when the light turns green...
+Quote Post
Toast
post Apr 9 2005, 07:58 AM
Post #4

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

Enough....1"+ of new snow last night (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:14 PM