Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 questions
Loser_Cruiser
post Apr 9 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,873
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Alright, I'm i just got this 76 2.0 and I'm trying to figure out stuff about the car and get it road worthy. One, how do you make the brights work. Two does any one have any suggestions about performance shocks and coilovers.
Also I have these wheels down here and I was told to keep them because there worth money. Is this true? Does any one know of after market wheel companies that make the right pattern for our cars like konig or something?
Thanks

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Apr 9 2005, 12:51 AM
Post #2

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Pull the turn signal stalk toward the driver. If your highbeams aren't working, check the fuses, then check the relay. Make sure all your grounds are clean.

Most folks like Koni adjustables or Bilstein adjustables for shocks.

The wheels are 2 litre Fuchs. Worth a little bit of money. Some like them a lot. I'm partial to Mahles, but each to his/her own. Talk to Mueller for all the up-to-date stuff on wheels, he seems to change his as often as some folks change their underwear. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Apr 9 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #3

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

Howdy from just South of you (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wavey.gif)

In answer to your 1st question;
how do you make the brights work.

Pull back toward you with the turn signal arm.

does any one have any suggestions about performance shocks and coilovers.

Bilstein Sport shocks are a good shock for the money & they come with adjustable spring perches for ride heigth.
Koni is another great shock with the same as above along with a soft/firm adjustment knob.

I have these wheels down here and I was told to keep them because there worth money.

Those are what looks to be a nice Fuch wheel which comes with some 914's when ordered with a certain "package". Yes, keep them as they are worth $$$ if in nice condition.

Hope this helps and Welcome to the club. Have fun with the teener (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif)

........b

+Quote Post
hbdavies
post Apr 9 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,120

I have a general question. I've seen what is called a passenger foot rest. was this an option? what was it's purpose? I have a 75 2.0 that was my dad's (new) and I've just had repainted and tuned and tweaked. I'd like to maintain it's original condition that's why the question (yes it still has the original FI and steel wheels).
thanks, bryan
+Quote Post
rezron
post Apr 9 2005, 07:11 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 10

The passenger footrest was used in the '70-'71 models which had a stationary passenger seat. From '72 onward the passenger seat was adjustable so the footrest was not used on the newer versions.

rezron
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 9 2005, 07:20 AM
Post #6

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

The 4 bolt fuchs are the lightest wheel and fit up to a 205x50x15 tire under the stock fenders. They came with 73 - 76 2.0L cars with the appearance option.

They are considered the best of the the oem wheels. For other wheel go to 5 bolts (911 style) and you have way more options.

Ben M is over in the Tri Cities.

Geoff
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Apr 9 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #7

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Right now, those wheels go for about $400-500 a set in the condition pictured. Very light.

The 4x130 bolt pattern is unusual, but is shared with 4-bolt air-cooled VW wheels. You can find more wheels in Bug catalogs, but all of the wheels you see will be heavier (sometimes a LOT heavier), and many will the wrong offset for our cars.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:27 PM