Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How I got 914 hooked!, It's my High School Sweetheart's Fault
Tom_T
post Jul 25 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #21

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 25 2016, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 25 2016, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 25 2016, 02:05 PM) *

Hey Tom, I wondered if anyone would make that connection! Didn't take long.

Curtis,

We're all basically "warped" to be into 914s & want to hang onto them for 41+ years, so it wasn't a huge leap!

Now we're all wondering if she's named after Annie Oakly, being a cracker shot!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Tell Annie the Pinto story, she'll probably get a giggle out of it too!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Not named after Annie Oakley, but I taught her to shoot and her eyes are better than mine, good student! She knows all my stories inside and out, was involved with most of them! She said once that she never got in trouble till she started dating me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

No Curtis, I meant to tell her my Pinto story above, about my friend's 2 gal cousins & the bull, you silly bunt!

I assume she's like my wife of 31 years, who has heard all of my stories several times over ... as have my 2 kids for that matter .... & they all just roll their eyes every time I tell one again to somebody!

(If you're a Monty Python fan, you'll know the "silly bunt" phrase.)

Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Jul 25 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #22

Oakdalecurtis

Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 25 2016, 08:07 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 25 2016, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 25 2016, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 25 2016, 02:05 PM) *

Hey Tom, I wondered if anyone would make that connection! Didn't take long.

Curtis,

We're all basically "warped" to be into 914s & want to hang onto them for 41+ years, so it wasn't a huge leap!

Now we're all wondering if she's named after Annie Oakly, being a cracker shot!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Tell Annie the Pinto story, she'll probably get a giggle out of it too!

Tom
///////

Not named after Annie Oakley, but I taught her to shoot and her eyes are better than mine, good student! She knows all my stories inside and out, was involved with most of them! She said once that she never got in trouble till she started dating me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

No Curtis, I meant to tell her my Pinto story above, about my friend's 2 gal cousins & the bull, you silly bunt!

I assume she's like my wife of 31 years, who has heard all of my stories several times over ... as have my 2 kids for that matter .... & they all just roll their eyes every time I tell one again to somebody!

(If you're a Monty Python fan, you'll know the "silly bunt" phrase.)

Tom
///////

Sorry Tom, wasn't paying attention well enough to your post, my bad. I just read your bull f***ing Pinto story to her n she was glad it wasn't us! We grew up in Fullerton, Sunny Hills High! It was orange groves and open space, can't live down there anymore! We're country. Ty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jul 26 2016, 03:57 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking this prom car needs to be found?
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Jul 26 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #24

Oakdalecurtis

Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

The owner died a dozen years ago, Mr. Russell Raines in Sunny Hills, Fullerton, CA. It was a silver 914, must have been about a 72 or 73 I think, anyone?
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 26 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #25

TMI....

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 25 2016, 08:59 PM) *

Sorry Tom, wasn't paying attention well enough to your post, my bad. I just read your bull f***ing Pinto story to her n she was glad it wasn't us! We grew up in Fullerton, Sunny Hills High! It was orange groves and open space, can't live down there anymore! We're country. Ty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

Glad she enjoyed it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

So your neighbor was a Fullerton 914 owner! I was thinking it was up there.

I have friends from Sunny Hills HS - but I was born in Pittsburgh PA in the rural edge (then) surrounded by farms, then in `63 we drove out on old 66 for Dad's new job, & I was in San Diego from grades 6-12 (University HS `70) - & then to college in LA, HB & now Orange.

Back then the drive up from SD to visit our Grandparents in Santa Ana was 4 hours each way on 101/PCH thru every town & stop light, with AG all the way up - including the formerly expansive flower fields!

Orange was all AG & groves just near to us, back when my wife bought the house here in 68 (prior marriage) - but by the time we met & had kids in the 80's, it was all city. At least we're next to the Old Towne district in a 1921 Craftsman, & the folks are mostly "small town friendly" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Well - except for the crazy & spoiled Chapman U kids inundating our neighborhoods lately! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I get back to NE Oklahoma a few times a year to visit Curt/cabinetmaker on here, & my Cherokee buddies, & the "real unmolested country" myself - & just for the sanity! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 26 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #26

TMI....

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 26 2016, 03:03 PM) *

The owner died a dozen years ago, Mr. Russell Raines in Sunny Hills, Fullerton, CA. It was a silver 914, must have been about a 72 or 73 I think, anyone?

If they had any kids that you knew, then you might be able to google for them, to ask where it went next. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

You also might be able to do a VIN search with DMV to see if it's registered to anybody, or see if Donna Leek in Grass Valley can trace it for you (she's ex-DMV & does registration/DMV services).

http://dmvgal.blogspot.com/

Wouldn't that be a hoot-n-a-half to find it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

PS - the Autochecks, CarFax, etc. won't do any good, because of the old school shorter & non-standardized VINs.

PSS - I'll try to ask around at some of our PCA-OCR events with some of our longstanding members, to see if they knew him &/or where his 914 went. I don't know him since I've only been a PCA member since `09, because I was too busy playing rugby 70-96 to mess around in car clubs!

Tom
///////
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:54 AM